Mexican Cake Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The less level-headed corners of the beer internet (*cough*BA*cough*) are freaking the **** out over this link, and specifically the possibility that the sale will actually be tonight at midnight (I really can't believe that anyone would regard that as a likely possibility, rather than the more logical explanation that it was just a placeholder and nothing had been decided on that front yet).

Still guessing a link will randomly drop mid-week once they are ready to release it. Why would they want to deal with the potential headache of a pre-announced sale and BPT servers crashing due to traffic overload, when last year when off without issue?

The less level-headed corners of the beer internet (*cough*BA*cough*) are freaking the **** out over this link, and specifically the possibility that the sale will actually be tonight at midnight (I really can't believe that anyone would regard that as a likely possibility, rather than the more logical explanation that it was just a placeholder and nothing had been decided on that front yet).

Still guessing a link will randomly drop mid-week once they are ready to release it. Why would they want to deal with the potential headache of a pre-announced sale and BPT servers crashing due to traffic overload, when last year when off without issue?

haha my thoughts exactly! i have to say i am excited though =]

Just saw this over on BA:

5A1xpIl.jpg

The thread was locked, but I'm going to concur with one of the posters there who responded to it: this looks like a fake/Photoshop job.

1. Notice how there is no space in "Nov.12th" in two different places? Now compare it to the link skrip posted, where it in those same places it says "Nov. 5th". If it were actually edited by someone with access privileges, what are the chances they'd twice delete the 5, change it to 12, and accidentally backspace an extra time? More likely is that someone used Photoshop or something similar to change the 5 to a 12, and that space was the only place the extra character could go.

2. Both places where there was originally a 1 bottle limit has been changed to 2 bottles, but the word "bottle" is still singular.

I also don't see why Westbrook would suddenly start bottling things in 12oz bottles (which I can't ever recall them doing before), but that's another issue. If this is actually a fake, I'm not sure whether to be amused that someone wants to rustle internet jimmies by spreading misinformation, or saddened that they bothered to take the time and messed up some obvious things.

Just saw this over on BA:

5A1xpIl.jpg

The thread was locked, but I'm going to concur with one of the posters there who responded to it: this looks like a fake/Photoshop job.

1. Notice how there is no space in "Nov.12th" in two different places? Now compare it to the link skrip posted, where it in those same places it says "Nov. 5th". If it were actually edited by someone with access privileges, what are the chances they'd twice delete the 5, change it to 12, and accidentally backspace an extra time? More likely is that someone used Photoshop or something similar to change the 5 to a 12, and that space was the only place the extra character could go.

2. Both places where there was originally a 1 bottle limit has been changed to 2 bottles, but the word "bottle" is still singular.

I also don't see why Westbrook would suddenly start bottling things in 12oz bottles (which I can't ever recall them doing before), but that's another issue. If this is actually a fake, I'm not sure whether to be amused that someone wants to rustle internet jimmies by spreading misinformation, or saddened that they bothered to take the time and messed up some obvious things.
Very lazy Photoshop, and I'm 100% sure jivex5k could do better

Once you click on "get tickets now", the next page says "Sales will begin on Nov 01, 2016 10:00 AM". Did the sale already happen?
No, for some reason it has two start dates. There also is the same "November 2 at 12AM" date above that. I think it's going to drop sometime today seeing as they've been active on BPT and Fbook today responding to comments. Pure speculation of course!

Very lazy Photoshop, and I'm 100% sure jivex5k could do better
Sure, just right click and inspect element, change it to your hearts desire.
No need to manipulate pixels or anything like that. I even screwed up and left it saying bottles instead of bottle on the 8oz degarde collab.
KVctt4u.png

It's utterly amazing what kind of elaborate **** some people will concoct and then believe as explanations when much simpler ones are staring them right in the face.
And the fact people over on the BA thread claim they got tickets. Big reason I almost completely stopped going over there (and a stern reminder of it). I don't think I've seen that kind of ******** happening here.

Last year on Facebook they gave a longer version of "it's live"

I seem to recall it being extremely cool and casual. Something like "And then there's this..." with the link.

Someone on Westbrook's FB page comments is complaining about the release being on a Saturday interfering with college football. Maybe Westbrook should find a day where there is literally nothing else going on in the world that 20 and 30something males care about...

I seem to recall it being extremely cool and casual. Something like "And then there's this..." with the link.

Someone on Westbrook's FB page comments is complaining about the release being on a Saturday interfering with college football. Maybe Westbrook should find a day where there is literally nothing else going on in the world that 20 and 30something males care about...
Last year, you could actually think about buying the tickets without them being sold out. The last two years of BAMC have been super chill, and I hope we can keep it that way.

i got mine but i did it so fast im a little confused by why the total was $292.19? whats the deal with that? tax?

Yeah almost certainly the sales tax (and about 10 of the difference from 260 was the BPT fees).

TalkBeer share anyone?
Yeah, 22$ in tax :/.

thanks guys!!

EDIT: whats the sales tax in SC? still seems like its a little high. and i know i shouldn't be complaining hahaha

Wife and I got a ticket. Damn that was fast ! Thanks for the heads up MattyATC . You saved my ass !
200w.gif

Just grabbed a ticket, some are still popping up from people letting go of theirs

thanks guys!!

EDIT: whats the sales tax in SC? still seems like its a little high. and i know i shouldn't be complaining hahaha

Mofos are gonna lose their **** on FB because of that ninja sale. Get the popcorn ready lol. I'd be mad AF if it wasn't for MattyATC. Been trolling WB for a while waiting on the release.

Got a ticket as well...

We should touch tips.

Back