Men who sit to pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to try to pee using echolocation.

It's taken years of practice, and I've made impressively little progress to show for it all, but I've always been one to challenge myself in all things.

SWMBO is less impressed by my dedication and patience. Might help if I wasn't half-deaf.

Now, the real trick is peeing down the inside of the bowl--in the dark--so it makes less noise.

Hope the neighbors don't mind.

Haha. This reminds me of a fond memory... a bunch of us were toilet papering houses early in high school and I had to drop a wicked deuce. At first I was like, ah crap, I gotta go super bad, what am I going to do? Then I looked at the toilet paper, looked at a downed tree in someones backyard, looked at TP, looked at tree... Feel bad for whichever family member had to encounter that in the next few days.

I like to try to pee using echolocation.

It's taken years of practice, and I've made impressively little progress to show for it all, but I've always been one to challenge myself in all things.

SWMBO is less impressed by my dedication and patience. Might help if I wasn't half-deaf.

How else would you gain super powers? People with full hearing (i.e, Me) don't have super powers and if they did it would be laser vision. It would only be good provided DVD stays the format for some time to come but man that would be sweet.

I'm not sure who moderates the next debate but I sure as hell hope somebody asks this Q of the Donald

I would be happy to do that provided they only debated elementary school cafeteria food.

When I was younger and worked an hourly job, a dump on the clock was one of life's great pleasures.

Not that I am salary, not so much. I've gotten to the point in life that I need to bond with my depository. It's all about home waters or at least friendly confines.

There is only one restroom on campus that I'm comfortable taking the Browns to the Superbowl in and, sadly, it is down stairs from my classroom. Bad teachers' lounge snacks can really make for uncomfortable dashes down the stare case.

I'm actually more concerned with people knowing the amount of tp i'm using when in a public restroom... hate it when the roll is just *SqEEEEeeek*

I'm at the age where I will drop a deuce anywhere. Now in my younger days I would never crap anywhere but home. But I would take really long naps in the can at work. Then walk out shaking my head and rubbing my stomach.
As for sitting, I have never even heard of another man sitting to pee. Sorry momma didn't raise that type of boy. And I was the only one in the house.

Im a standing guy. No need to sit. Unless ive got to snap a tosca. Nothing better then going outside and cutting loose at anything that crosses my path after a couple of brews. As a young fellow I hated public bathrooms and would hold it till i got home. Now I will go anywhere without hesitation.

Re: the original post, I can't remember the last time I sat to pee, but I suspect it had to be when I was being potty-trained. Performing that feat while standing at 2 years old simply wasn't an option. Since then, it has been an option and, God willing, always will be.

Now I'm at that age where I pee at around 4:00 every morning. Problem is, I don't get up til 5:00.

I believe my post was misinterpreted. Two bathrooms, different houses, like that when we moved in. One probably the result of an octogenarian leading to a vanity that was rotting away at the bottom. The other probably a combination of time and kids.

Btw, it's not so much about aim but about the splash back. You think the droplets on the rim or seat are confined to the toilet? In public, outside, etc, standing. At home, sit. (unless too much homebrew and forget where i am). I like writing my name in the dirt/snow, drowning ants and whatnot as much as the next man. I just believe in a clean home. Same reason that we don't wear shoes in the house.
This.

For me it's more time friendly to stand and give the seat a quick wipe every few trips, but this reason alone makes a good case for sitting.

Yea gotta agree with @HopHunter here. I stand and use urinals outside the home (but I'll still sit at the 'work bathroom' if I've no choice cause when you go to the same spot multiple times a day and the janitorial staff cleans about once a year... MUN is disgusting) but otherwise sit cause that splashback goes EVERYWHERE. Its hard to tell until you've got something nearby enough to see it but I've had shower curtains about 4-6" away from the toilet get a good coating when someone stands and that is just nasty.

However.........

I did throw out my back once sitting to poop. True story (although I have a trick back, usually while doing dishes, serious). I had to go, rushed in there, made the bowl by like a spit second... couldn't get back up! So because of this, you should limit the number of times you sit and piss... save the injury for that turd that will keep you laid out for two weeks. Wisdom speaking here...

When I was younger and worked an hourly job, a dump on the clock was one of life's great pleasures.

Not that I am salary, not so much. I've gotten to the point in life that I need to bond with my depository. It's all about home waters or at least friendly confines.

There is only one restroom on campus that I'm comfortable taking the Browns to the Superbowl in and, sadly, it is down stairs from my classroom. Bad teachers' lounge snacks can really make for uncomfortable dashes down the stare case.

I went opposite. I now look forward to using the restroom in new and exotic places.

I'm at the age where I will drop a deuce anywhere. Now in my younger days I would never crap anywhere but home. But I would take really long naps in the can at work. Then walk out shaking my head and rubbing my stomach.
As for sitting, I have never even heard of another man sitting to pee. Sorry momma didn't raise that type of boy. And I was the only one in the house.

Yeah, there's a point in most people's lives where you stop caring about what everyone thinks and just live your life. I'm getting there.

This. It's like the worst method to run out the clock.

I usually shut my office door and do Internet stuff with metal blasting.

Sent from my iPhone... while pooping.

Well when you're job ends when your work is done you actually do yourself a disservice.

Re: the original post, I can't remember the last time I sat to pee, but I suspect it had to be when I was being potty-trained. Performing that feat while standing at 2 years old simply wasn't an option. Since then, it has been an option and, God willing, always will be.

Now I'm at that age where I pee at around 4:00 every morning. Problem is, I don't get up til 5:00.

Can I ask how old you are? I was staying in a hotel room with my dad. Got up to pee at 4. He heard me get up and chuckled "Welcome to getting old.".

I was all "Go back to sleep old man or I'll smother you. I'll do it!".

However.........

I did throw out my back once sitting to poop. True story (although I have a trick back, usually while doing dishes, serious). I had to go, rushed in there, made the bowl by like a spit second... couldn't get back up! So because of this, you should limit the number of times you sit and piss... save the injury for that turd that will keep you laid out for two weeks. Wisdom speaking here...

I hurt my back now doing mundane and everyday task. I dropped the mail, bent over to get it, back pain for a week.

I am more concerned I will plug the toilet with all the paper.

I have been there.

I also hate the auto flush feature. Move the wrong way and I could easily make it a three flusher before i'm ready to REALLY flush. makes me look like some kind of as$hole.

I have been there.

I also hate the auto flush feature. Move the wrong way and I could easily make it a three flusher before i'm ready to REALLY flush. makes me look like some kind of as$hole.

Ha. I hate the autoflush valves that won't flush lest you get off the pot.

I use a lot of paper. Wish this country had accommodations for washing instead.

Homie, you either have a fire hose dong or you should consider not having carpet in the bathroom.

Two things sad here, 1. Lack of overall reading comprehension. 2. Both bathrooms were tile floor and bleach was needed to remove the smell from the underlying concrete. The other subfloor totally removed.

Two things sad here, 1. Lack of overall reading comprehension. 2. Both bathrooms were tile floor and bleach was needed to remove the smell from the underlying concrete. The other subfloor totally removed.

Sounds more like those fixtures had a faulty wax ring that allowed leaching, coupled with someone who didn't care if the stream went ion the toilet or on it.

I have been standing to pee my entire life and have NEVER had this experience despite having two children with horrible aim.

But, then again, we clean the toilet rooms every weekend with the normal house cleaning routine.

Sounds more like those fixtures had a faulty wax ring that allowed leaching

Perfect explanation, especially having soaked into the subfloor. Sometimes when Mr. DIY notices a leak coming out from under the toilet, instead of pulling the toilet and replacing the wax ring, he grabs a caulk gun and "seals" around the base of the toilet. This only exacerbates the problem, forcing all the stink water under the tile/vinyl and into the subfloor.

Perfect explanation, especially having soaked into the subfloor. Sometimes when Mr. DIY notices a leak coming out from under the toilet, instead of pulling the toilet and replacing the wax ring, he grabs a caulk gun and "seals" around the base of the toilet. This only exacerbates the problem, forcing all the stink water under the tile/vinyl and into the subfloor.

And, sometimes it's just lazy toddlers. :eek:

Thought I had a leak after noticing what looked like moisture weep in grout tile around a toilet base. Assumed the ring failed. Pulled the toilet. It looked fine. Cleaned the floor, replaced the ring, reset toilet.

Still noticed tile grout seepage discoloration.

Fast forward, 7 y/o son left door open one day and I just happened by and saw him "no handing". Pee all over the toilet.

Made him hand clean that room with a scrub brush and a bucket. Problem solved.

And, sometimes it's just lazy toddlers. :eek:

Fast forward, 7 y/o son left door open one day and I just happened by and saw him "no handing". Pee all over the toilet.

Reminds me of my 6-yr old grandson. One time he wanted me to come with him to the bathroom. While he was jabbering on about something he and I were going to play when we got back downstairs, he took perfect aim and then stood there with hands on his hips, his head turned toward me, talking while he went. Never missed a drop!

Yea gotta agree with @HopHunter here. I stand and use urinals outside the home (but I'll still sit at the 'work bathroom' if I've no choice cause when you go to the same spot multiple times a day and the janitorial staff cleans about once a year... MUN is disgusting) but otherwise sit cause that splashback goes EVERYWHERE. Its hard to tell until you've got something nearby enough to see it but I've had shower curtains about 4-6" away from the toilet get a good coating when someone stands and that is just nasty.

Pretty weird... Since I have a toilet paper roll sitting next to the toilet and it's not sopping wet and dripping of piss. I think all you sitters out there need to stop sword fighting while you pee standing up.

Oh_f05647_593961.jpg

So, your floors are covered in sweaty foot funk, and foot fungus. I'll keep my shoes on thanks.

I'm convinced this is a regional thing.

Up here in the Great White North, we take our shoes off when we enter someone's house. It's honestly never occurred to me NOT to take my shoes off. The only times I've ever been in someone's home with my shoes on was when helping them move, and we were taking frequent trips in/outdoors, and the floors were going to be cleaned after everything was moved out anyway.

That said, we have this thing up here called "winter." You don't want someone tromping across your white carpet wearing snow/salt-soaked snowmobile boots.

But even in places without snow, do you *always* leave your shoes on indoors? What if it's raining? Do you walk around someone's house with wet shoes on?

And as for the "sweaty foot funk," guess what? If you don't keep your feet mummified in leather for 18 hours a day, they don't actually get that sweaty/funky! Try it sometime.

hmmmmm . . . what's up with not turning a light on?

At 3:30 in the morning, when nature's calling and I'm still half-asleep (and planning to get back to sleep in roughly 90 seconds), I don't want to blast my eyes with light and risk waking myself up any more than is absolutely necessary to complete the task at hand.

Latest posts

Back