Men who sit to pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I despise pooping in public bathrooms, back when I worked in an office, I pooped in there twice a day. I would grab my phone and ipod (no smart phones then) and take a 45 min break listening to music, texting my buddies and dropping a deuce. Nothing like pooping on the clock.

About a month ago, my "avoidance of sitting on public toilets" streak ended. I had to poop on a plane...it was miserable.

I used to work in a lab where we had mandatory overtime, which was fine by me. The only problem was that I didn't need 50 hours a week to get my work done. I wasn't allowed to leave my area and work on other stuff, so I found a bathroom in the abandoned upstairs part of the building. It had one big handicap access stall, so I put a chair and a little table in there. Nice and cozy. I read a good chunk of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series in that stall.

I sit if I'm In someone else's home, stand at my home, stand In public restrooms(if forced to use toilet, not urinal).

Sometimes my pants are ill fitted and standing would show my heart boxers or the like... So then I sit.

Making a huge fart also helps with deception.

I'm not one to be embarrassed to take a Deuce with someone sitting next to me in the stall, so I try and make lots of noise in public to ease the tension.

Love the family restroom with the lock on the main door for privacy though...

Holy cow. You had to remodel not only 1, but 2 bathrooms because of uring smellz? You sir, have to be the worst aimer and laziest cleaner-upper I've ever heard of. I'll pee sitting if I'm too drunk to stand or half asleep in the middle of the night and don't want to turn the light on. Other than that, I take full advantage of have a penis.

I believe my post was misinterpreted. Two bathrooms, different houses, like that when we moved in. One probably the result of an octogenarian leading to a vanity that was rotting away at the bottom. The other probably a combination of time and kids.

Btw, it's not so much about aim but about the splash back. You think the droplets on the rim or seat are confined to the toilet? In public, outside, etc, standing. At home, sit. (unless too much homebrew and forget where i am). I like writing my name in the dirt/snow, drowning ants and whatnot as much as the next man. I just believe in a clean home. Same reason that we don't wear shoes in the house.

Same reason that we don't wear shoes in the house.

Ughh, that drives me nuts! It's irritating enough when friends make me take my shoes off at the door, I think if they told me I had to sit when I pee at their house I would have to swiftly confiscate their man card.

"I’m a man, and you…if you need me, I’m gonna be in the garage… hangin’ sheet rock, ’round an engine I’m rebuilding.
WHERE’S MY CHEWIN’ TOBACCO?!!" -meatwad

At home, sit, it's easier, especially in the dark.

In public, stand..you never know.

reminds me of the time when I was still working at a bar/music stage.
One of the women complained that men shouldn't be allowed in the ladies bathrooms, even to clean em at closing time.
Never had the guys agree so fast....Womens bathrooms in public places are much worse than mens.

the only time my kids aren't screaming at me about tv, food, drink, or stolen toys are when I am seated on the toilet.
so take that knowledge and make of it what you will.

At home, sit, it's easier, especially in the dark.

In public, stand..you never know.

reminds me of the time when I was still working at a bar/music stage.
One of the women complained that men shouldn't be allowed in the ladies bathrooms, even to clean em at closing time.
Never had the guys agree so fast....Womens bathrooms in public places are much worse than mens.

I call bullsh!t. No woman complains about a man cleaning the toilet. Or the dishes.

Hows about women who stand to pee? We got any of those?

It's really not that hard. Sure, you gotta lean back a little more and pull your garments down more than most men do, but really, not a big deal. Just gotta learn your anatomy and spread with your hand. Comes in handy at music festivals, camping, getting lost in the desert, etc...

I've heard of people who do this, its god damn madness if you ask me. Seems like a huge waste of time, pee, then drop the drawers to cut a loaf?

I cannot imagine... Seems like it would be impossible to urinate standing up if you were about to crap your pants. I guess you could stand directly over the bowl so you could do both standing up at first...

By far the best thread I have read in a while.

Me I'm a stander. If I have to drop a stink pickle, I sit. Other than that it's all stand for me. I'm wondering of you guys that sit, I bet most of you have disagree with attached pic...

url

image.jpg

It's really not that hard. Sure, you gotta lean back a little more and pull your garments down more than most men do, but really, not a big deal. Just gotta learn your anatomy and spread with your hand. Comes in handy at music festivals, camping, getting lost in the desert, etc...

OK - this thread has officially jumped the shark. I can't wait to see where we go from here....:rockin: Hold on!

By far the best thread I have read in a while.

Me I'm a stander. If I have to drop a stink pickle, I sit. Other than that it's all stand for me. I'm wondering of you guys that sit, I bet most of you have disagree with attached pic...

url

Generally both are wrong. Empty roll on dispenser with new roll on top of tank. Swap out empty once new roll is down to less than 25% left, or if new love interest is in life and want to impress, swap out once new roll has around 50-75% left.

Don't worry man... I pack it out.

Yeah buddy! Poop bags swingin' from my backpack.

I'm a bury it kind of person myself.

Never understood the 'pack it out' mentality. I knew a guy who went to Alaska for 2 weeks with his wife and kids. They carried it all out with them. I'm guessing after a few days things got kinda ripe. Plus, your pack never gets any lighter.

We'd go up to Algonquin Park in Ontario Canada every Summer. He used to yell at us for peeing too close to the water. He had a 50 foot rule. He said I was polluting the lake/stream. I asked him if the fish scurried up on shore whenever they had to go. He didn't think that was funny. :D

I was reading another thread here where this topic was brought up. The general consensus was that it makes you less of a man to sit. I call B.S. I am proud to say that at home, I sit. I dare any of you standers to wipe the wall or vanity adjacent to the toilet with a damp paper towel. Urine splashes everywhere.

In public restrooms and outside I'll stand. But at home, the rule is to sit. The reason for this is that I've remodeled 2 bathrooms that required total tear outs to remove the smell of urine caused by splashing, poor aim, etc.

Are there any fellow hbt males out there willing to publicly admit to sitting?

In fairness to all men, there comes a point in your love of beer that you should/have to.

Do I do it on the reg? Hells no. I'm a man dang it. If I'm a little wobbly on the weekend though will I sit? Hells no. I go outside. Pee on a tree and stop sitting. It's time to man up.

I'm a bury it kind of person myself.

Never understood the 'pack it out' mentality. I knew a guy who went to Alaska for 2 weeks with his wife and kids. They carried it all out with them. I'm guessing after a few days things got kinda ripe. Plus, your pack never gets any lighter.

We'd go up to Algonquin Park in Ontario Canada every Summer. He used to yell at us for peeing too close to the water. He had a 50 foot rule. He said I was polluting the lake/stream. I asked him if the fish scurried up on shore whenever they had to go. He didn't think that was funny. :D

I've come across some pretty massive **** piles people have left behind on some more frequented trails, I just don't like finding them, so I don't leave them.

Of course, when I was in Glacier Nat'l Park for a week, I was so far out, I don't think it would have mattered.

Still hauled it around, lol.

I've come across some pretty massive **** piles people have left behind on some more frequented trails, I just don't like finding them, so I don't leave them.

Of course, when I was in Glacier Nat'l Park for a week, I was so far out, I don't think it would have mattered.

Still hauled it around, lol.

The day I witness a bear, deer, or squirrell wrap their turds in little baggies is the day I'll worry myself about "packing it out".

The day I witness a bear, deer, or squirrell wrap their turds in little baggies is the day I'll worry myself about "packing it out".

That's cool man, keep sitting to pee and pooping in public too.

It's what makes the world go round.

You guys who refuse to drop a deuce at work are walking away from an extra week of paid vacation every year.

Do the math.
10 minutes a day
5 days a week.
50 weeks a year.

Mine are more in the 30-45 minute range.

I wonder if I can leverage an extra week's vacation if I promise my boss that I'll stop pooping/pretending to poop at work.

You guys who refuse to drop a deuce at work are walking away from an extra week of paid vacation every year.

Do the math.
10 minutes a day
5 days a week.
50 weeks a year.

Unless you're salary. If that's the case, you poop for free.

Mine are more in the 30-45 minute range.

I wonder if I can leverage an extra week's vacation if I promise my boss that I'll stop pooping/pretending to poop at work.

I would fire you, or give you an award. Probably an award.

I always stand to pee. I consider it marking my territory. My wife is lucky I sit

bring the browns to the Superbowl. Even still sometimes that leaves a mark

I cannot imagine... Seems like it would be impossible to urinate standing up if you were about to crap your pants. I guess you could stand directly over the bowl so you could do both standing up at first...

That's exactly it, if I have to poop, I'm going to brown town in a hurry, I'm not messing around with peeing, flushing (cause I don't want stale urine splashing onto my chocolate starfish) then sitting down to pee... I've got better things to do.

hmmmmm . . . what's up with not turning a light on?

I like to try to pee using echolocation.

It's taken years of practice, and I've made impressively little progress to show for it all, but I've always been one to challenge myself in all things.

SWMBO is less impressed by my dedication and patience. Might help if I wasn't half-deaf.

Back