McMaster Carr to the rescue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elshauno

Reaction score
I was getting ready to brew about about an hour ago and went to pick up my mashtun and noticed that compression fitting for my false bottom had come off when I took it out to clean out the grains during my last brew So its somewhere in my backyard under the snow and I dont own a metal detector so theres no way to find it tonight. Needless to say McMaster Carr carries them. I just ordered a new one with the sleeves so hopefully I will be able to brew by this weekend:rockin: That place rocks

Yup, I've never not found what I was looking for with them. Awesome company.

It'll be waiting for you when you get home tomorrow. Seriously, I've heard of turnaround times <24 hours, from placing the order to part-in-hand. I haven't had quite that quick a turnaround, but under 48 hours.

mcmaster IS great.

FWIW I have found that an inch and a half of high temp silicone hose is hard to beat! (I use 1/2" tubing on 1/2" copper pipe) Slips right over the pipe for 3/4" and seals tight. Don't even need hose clamps.

They have a location about 30 minutes from me, so I can order and pick stuff up in a couple of hours on my way to/from work. They are really high pricewise on some things, though, but they have basically everything.

Back