Maybe a dumb question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burton178

Reaction score
Hey folks.... I haven't been around for a while... I'm a musician and I've recently gotten a lot of recording gear. I've been working on that exclusively for a couple months. I'm ready to get back to my brewing!!
One of the things holding me back is a large enough brew kettle. I want to break into all grain for my next batch and all I need is the kettle. I'm strapped for cash and looking for the cheapest possible thing...
So, as the title says, this may be a dumb question but can you use a steel pot covered in ceramic (like this one) like you would use for lobster?
Thanks in advance!

+1 for the aluminum. You will kick yourself next year when your enamal is chipping and you are asking questions like "is rust bad for my beer?" Do the slight upgrade to the aluminum. You can also add a spigot to aluminum whereas I would not suggest cutting into the enamel.

Good luck, AG is great!

Back