May Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JeepGuy said:
Hooray Hooray! It's the first of May! Outdoors f***ing begins today!

I said that at work this morning.......all the guys looked at me like I was some kind of leper or something.:cross:

I heard it about 3 years ago from my younger sister. This is the first year that I actually remembered it on May 1st.

As a child I remember something called May Baskets. You would stock a basket full of goodies, then drop it off at someones door, ring the bell and run.

Lots of the people in the town, small Iowa town, would do it. No one here in Texas have heard of it. Anyone else recall something similiar?

Never heard it before but like it alot! I knew there was something more to my birthday than just being "Mayday"

Hmmm, I must share that with SWMBO... heheheh...

Now that's a birthday present!

It's a day late, but I am releasing my Maibock to friends and relatives. Sure, it's about 2 months short of being well cold-conditioned, but hell, it's May and it's 6.7% ABV. It's time to crack those suckers open before the weather gets too hot...

TxBrew said:
As a child I remember something called May Baskets. You would stock a basket full of goodies, then drop it off at someones door, ring the bell and run.

Lots of the people in the town, small Iowa town, would do it. No one here in Texas have heard of it. Anyone else recall something similiar?

I remember doing that when I was a kid up here in Idaho.

Back