Mauribrew Draught Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UberHasselhoff

Reaction score
I bought a 500g package of Mauribrew Draught (dry) yeast at what seemed like a deal. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this yeast? I've been searching the internets but haven't come up with much of substance. I should mention that to make things more confusing, Mauribrew Draught yeast is different than Mauribrew Ale yeast.

For bonus points, how would I account for this yeast in Beersmith? Is there another yeast strain that is similar?

Here's a link to the spec sheet I found: http://www.olbrygging.no/users/olbrygging_mystore_no/Image/Mauribrew/EN_-_Mauribrew_DRAUGHT_web.pdf

Vielen Dank (many thanks) from Germany. :mug:

Just wondering if you have used this yet and your thoughts on it. I received a variety of yeast packets for free and this was in the lot. Thinking on using it on my next brew day and was and just wondering what I can expect. Thanks!

Hey Madcow - I am happy with the results. I use it regularly as my main yeast strain.

I've found that the Draft Ale Yeast is comparable to S-02 in terms of attenuation and produces a clean finish. I get a good fermentation going in a day or two, then let it ride for 3 or 4 weeks. There's a handful of posts out there that say the yeast doesn't attenuate far enough or that it's slow to start, but that just hasn't been the case in my experience. We brew 100 to 200L per week using this yeast and it's been a champ.

I would of course double check the age of the packets you have. I suspect that people who have had issues may have been using packs they get from brewing kits. Those things sit on the shelf forever. Good luck!

Back