Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Saison #2.

Beautiful brett expression. 1.0 was good but this is far better in my opinion.

Description features the use of spelt in this one, but I think the obvious difference is the additional IBUs which inhibit the souring bacteria and allow the brett to shine.

Lemon, lime, hay. This beer fux

House Saison #2.

Beautiful brett expression. 1.0 was good but this is far better in my opinion.

Description features the use of spelt in this one, but I think the obvious difference is the additional IBUs which inhibit the souring bacteria and allow the brett to shine.

Lemon, lime, hay. This beer fux

Need to drop in there tomorrow with a gaggle of growlers.

Need to drop in there tomorrow with a gaggle of growlers.
giphy.gif

Stopped in to Sapwood today and grabbed some cans of Cloud Place for GoT tonight. Seemed to be selling trough quickly. Looking forward to popping a can in an hour or so.

Price point was a bit high ($21/4pack) but I know they had it brewed/canned at Elder Pine.

Speaking of Elder Pine, I haven’t had anything from them that’s knocked my socks off. Heard their new taproom is cool. Need to check it out and give their taplist a run-through.

Sapwood is about 45 minutes from me in DC. Is it worth making the trek? I love the idea of what they're doing and I have loved the Mad Fermentationist blog for years. Does the beer live up? It looks like they're doing more than just hazy IPAs (of which I am pretty damn sick), but what's the to-go situation? I won't have more than one beer there and so I'd want to bring some wares with me. Specifically, I'd love to try some Western Shore, as those are the best and hazecans are all the goddamn same.

Also - is there anywhere around there (or near there) great for lunch? I could probably convince the wife to make a trip some weekend if I sweeten the deal with a delicious lunch. Conversely, I'll bring my buddy and it looks like there's a laser tag area across the street.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back