Margaritas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaritas. How do you like them?

• Rocks

• Frozen

Results are only viewable after voting.
TIL: I'm the only person on HBT who drinks their margaritas "up"...
no rocks, certainly not frozen, and no salt

Rocks all the way. Yooper i'd love to try one of your 'Ritas.

I'm all for KISS (Keep it simple Stupid) Margaritas. And I like a touch of ice in a super sour 'Rita with a hint of triple sec and lots of salt. Only fresh lime juice will do.

Great. Now i'm in the mood for 'Ritas.

On the rocks with salted rim. Original is my favorite. Fresh lime and other ingredients make all the difference.

I used to have a lime tree in my back yard when I lived in Hawaii... drank many many margaritas and tequila shots.

My margarita recipe
Fresh made limeade
Tequila - silver - preferred is Don Julio but not necessary
Cointreau
Lime wedge and half of an orange wedge

If you can find it, replace the triple sec or cointreau with this. Good lord is it good.

solerno.jpg

3-2-1 ratio of moderate tequila (sipping tequila should NOT be used), Cointreau, fresh lime juice. Shaken over ice and served 'up' with a wedge of lime.

I have an off topic confession to make. I have never liked the term "on the rocks". I like my scotch over ice, my margaritas with ice and salt (though Im a garbage can drunk... Ill drink a frozen one and say "thank you!" and mean it), and my martinis "ice cold". "On the rocks" keeps going back and forth between sounding like the bottom of a goldfish bowl and vaguely testicular.

I have an off topic confession to make. I have never liked the term "on the rocks". I like my scotch over ice, my margaritas with ice and salt (though Im a garbage can drunk... Ill drink a frozen one and say "thank you!" and mean it), and my martinis "ice cold". "On the rocks" keeps going back and forth between sounding like the bottom of a goldfish bowl and vaguely testicular.

I'd drink a margarita out of a fishbowl.

With ice. Hold the testicles...er, figuratively of course.

Whole peeled fruit only.
1 lemon
1lime
1orange
6 oz tequila
2 oz orange liquor (your choice)
1/4 cup sugar
6 cups ice
Blend in vitamix (quality blender very important)

Thin with water as needed.
We like to add strawberries when we have them. Really you can play around with whatever fruit you add. A good quality tequila helps.

Whole peeled fruit only.
1 lemon
1lime
1orange
6 oz tequila
2 oz orange liquor (your choice)
1/4 cup sugar
6 cups ice
Blend in vitamix (quality blender very important)

Thin with water as needed.
We like to add strawberries when we have them. Really you can play around with whatever fruit you add. A good quality tequila helps.
you know who else liked strawberries when he had them? yeah, that's what I thought.

back on topic-ish: my MIL gave my wife a sample pack of some flavored margarita mixers. my wife rolled her eyes so hard the house flipped over.

Sorry, I'm still in the.....If your tequila needs, salt, lime, liquor, mixers, ice or anything else......maybe you should upgrade your tequila camp.

Good tequila needs a glass, nothing else. ;)

Sorry, I'm still in the.....If your tequila needs, salt, lime, liquor, mixers, ice or anything else......maybe you should upgrade your tequila camp.

Good tequila needs a glass, nothing else. ;)

i find the debate on weather to use premium spirits in cocktails pretty amusing.

if people want to drink premium spirits neat - great, fine, do what you want. I enjoy that as well.

i also enjoy a great cocktail made with great ingredients. garbage in = garbage out. pretty standard mantra for brewers as well.

i find the debate on weather to use premium spirits in cocktails pretty amusing.

if people want to drink premium spirits neat - great, fine, do what you want. I enjoy that as well.

i also enjoy a great cocktail made with great ingredients. garbage in = garbage out. pretty standard mantra for brewers as well.

are you saying something bad about my Last Months Lasagna Ale? that fuzzy stuff on top is good for you!

and now for something completely different!

Red Luna Hibiscus? Does it come back each year up there? We had one. I thought it was dead. Tilled it under. Planted a hedge of sunflowers over it. It came back. Then I moved it, twice. It didn't make it the last time.

Red Luna Hibiscus? Does it come back each year up there? We had one. I thought it was dead. Tilled it under. Planted a hedge of sunflowers over it. It came back. Then I moved it, twice. It didn't make it the last time.

it's on the first year. we're just hoping it can make it through a MN winter.

Roommate in college and I almost purchased a used double hopper slushie machine for our apartment. Thank god one of us had a moment of clarity and decided that margaritas and daiquiris, on tap might not be a good idea.

Roommate in college and I almost purchased a used double hopper slushie machine for our apartment. Thank god one of us had a moment of clarity and decided that margaritas and daiquiris, on tap might not be a good idea.

my wife said that was the stupidest thing she's heard. bwahahahahaa!!!

Real chili most certainly does have beans. If it ain't got beans, it's hotdog gravy.

Now, you can put whutever you want in beer, so long as it has grain in it too. No grain. No beer. A baked fish is not a beer.

No entry into the world championship chili cook off that contained beans has ever been allowed, much less won. Beans, macaroni, rice and anything else are all considered fillers and are automatically disqualified.

No entry into the world championship chili cook off that contained beans has ever been allowed, much less won. Beans, macaroni, rice and anything else are all considered fillers and are automatically disqualified.

Well they can kiss my bean powered ass. My wife made chili for today's lunch. She used a beef roast, homegrown peppers and BEANS! BEANS!

Back