Maple Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee1961

Reaction score
I have started a batch of Maple Wine. I am on my second racking, (Racking once a month) Right now it is sparkling, has no Maple flavor but it's not a bad flavor, when would I back sweeten? It is not causing the airlock to bubble anymore and hasn't for a while.
Thanks for helping a newbie out! :)

I second the questions about gravity, tho i did notice when i did my batch of maple wine that it did loose much of the maple character, but i think for my next batch to do it with a Dry base maple wine and back sweeten to get more of the maple character

I second the questions about gravity, tho i did notice when i did my batch of maple wine that it did loose much of the maple character, but i think for my next batch to do it with a Dry base maple wine and back sweeten to get more of the maple character

4/17 was start date, it was 1.090
5/16 it was .994
Yeast was Lalvin D47

Sparkling could be residual CO2 from ferment. that seems to pretty dry if i recall correctly

Back