Mango IPA BBQ SAuce (all natural) recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burquebrewer

Reaction score
In the past year I have become sickened by all of the news of people getting sick by all of the additives in processed foods, and it's not just sweets. Bread, pastas, sauces, yogurt, lunchmeat, poultry, ect... Seems like all of it bad for us. So I've decided to start eating all natural, locally sourced foods from local farms.

The kids, however, love their BBQ sauce. I do not want to feed them anymore high fructose corn syrup or white refined sugars, so I started making my own sauces (also make my own beer, mead, bread, yogurt, ketchup, chocolates)

Anyway, enough of my rant and onto my recipe, which I hope you will enjoy!

Makes two quarts...

2 large onions, finely diced
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
6 cups unsalted tomato puree (the unsalted Hunts organic is great)
1.5 cups apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup of honey
1/2 unsulphered black strap molasses
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon smoke paprika
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons of sea salt
1 large mango
I bottle of IPA (the hoppier the better)

Saute the diced onions and garlic in a pan w/ the coconut oil until the onions are translucent

Add the tomato paste and blend well if you like your sauce smooth, if you like it chunky, skip the blending

Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil

Reduce heat and simmer for two hours on low...

Can and store. This can be frozen.

Last edited:
What do you do with the Mango and what is 1/2 unsulphered black strap molasses? Would that be 1/2 a cup?
Very interested in this sauce. Sounds delish.

Back