Maine Beer Co. Peeper Ale clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, I degassed and warmed up a sample of Peeper and tested the final gravity. It's around 1.003, which I guess we all knew, but man that's low. I followed csprague's recipe and it came out kind of harsh. I used red wheat instead of the malted wheat and my final gravity was around 1.006. I'm going to re-brew and maybe move some of the whirlpool to the dry hop.

peeper_fg.jpg

Just last night sampled my first all grain attempt and this Peepers clone recipe with some friends. Amazing flavor and seemingly close in taste to the original. My grain bill was a little off in amounts but the percentages as directed. My OG was 1.059. Turned out to be a non issue as everyone loved it, just a bit more ABV. I did do the 5 minute hop addition by splitting the whirlpool addition per Chris's suggestion. Think I'm an all grain guy from here on out and will have this brew in a steady rotation. Thanks Chris for the recipe!

Back