love ts-13010 programming and operating....for dummies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BucksPA

Reaction score
working on my brutus clone and having a hard time just operating the Love controller. I got it wired and powered up...that was what i thought to be the hard part. I've since learned that wasn't the hard part. Getting it to talk to the asco valve is the hard part. I thought i just turn it on, press set twice, put in my desired temp, press set and down simultaneously and then walla!

When i press set, and then set again, the value is defaulted to 3. The range is -50 to 150. Isn't that celsius? It says Farhenheit on the front of the Love TS-13010, but i can't enter a value above that? Can i change these codes. Every number i entered didnt do a thing to the valve. I bypassed the Love switch initially to test the Asco Valve with a simple on/off switch and it worked successfully.

I have probe going 1 and 2, power goes in 7 and 8, 9 is empty, 10 is currently empty, and 11 goes directly to asco valve.

i've already looked at all the forums on here and have read over every diagram, etc. i'm just a dummy when it comes to electronics.

thoughts?

edit: the probe is in working order and reads accurate temps.

Here's a list of the parameters:

PARAMETERS
Description Units Range
SP Set Point Degrees r1 to r2
r0 Differential or Hysteresis Degrees 1 to 20
r1 Lower Value Set Point Degrees -50 to 150°
r2 Higher Value Set Point Degrees -50 to 302°F (-50 to 150°C)
d0 Heating or Cooling Control Option Ht/Co
d2 Time for Defrosting Minutes 0 to 59 min.
d8 Interval Time between Hours 1 to 24 hr.
Defrosting
c0 Min. Stop Time for Load Minutes 0 to 59 min.
c1 Continuous Cycle Time Hours 0 to 24 hr.
P1 Ambient Probe Adjustment Degrees -10 to 10
H5 Parameter Access Code Numeric 0 to 99 (SET AT 00 FROM FACTORY)
t0 Max. Temp. on Display Degrees -50 to 302°F (-50 to 150°C)

IIRC, the controllers are set for cooling from the factory, so you will need to change the d0 parameter to Ht. Looks like you may have somehow accessed the r1 parameter with the -50* to 150* display. I would go through each parameter and confirm that they are set properly for your application.

It also looks like you have no power going to the relay (#10 terminal). Terminals #7 & 8 supply power (hot and neutral) to the controller, but not to the relay. You can use a jumper from #8 (hot) to #10 input for the relay.

service manual: http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/TS_iom.pdf

My issue was I had to reset the device to default so I could get into those Parameter settings. Once I did that and set r2 I was good to go.

Sorry to pull up an old thread. I just purchased the Love 13010 but haven't received it yet. I currently have a Heier Kegarator that I am building into my wet bar. The temp control is on the back so once I am done I won't be able to get to it very easily. I bought the Love to install in my wall and controll the temp. My question is do I turn the kegarator all the way up and then wire it to the Love unit or do I remove the current temp control from the kegarator and wire the Love as a new temp controller for the Kegarator.

Thanks
Ken

Most folks turn the fridge to it's coldest setting (so it WANTS to be on), then wire it up. You can wire into the existing probe if it's the same type, but I think most just leave the fridge probe hanging there, useless.

Thanks I was thinking of removing the old controller and prob and wiring this one directly to the condensor motor and using the supplied prob. basically replacing all of the old controller equip. Is that overkill?

Back