Love Golf?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played a couple nice courses this weekend.

This is Pinehurst No. 2 and Pinehurst No. 4

Attachments

• PH2.jpg
    PH2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • PH4.jpg
    PH4.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
  • PH4small.jpg
    PH4small.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 36
View attachment 669063

The people in front of me every time
It kinda sucks being the guy who can. I used to have 4 (including driver) clubs I can hit 240, three carry. Now three clubs that distance, and only two carry. Definitely not sea level here. This one day I hit one down the hill on one at wellshire. Looking at the card thats 316 off the tee. Haven't been down there in years. Anyways 200 out and these people are going do you really think you can get there. I had a five in my hand. Coincidentally the challenge is not the distance but the downhill lie.

It sucks though, and it puts a pinch if not more pressure on the shot. Its tough enough, 240, tight lie, all carry, waiting for the green to clear, pissing off people on tee, maybe even playing partners. Then it comes, almost a bet. Do you think you can get there? Cmon I mean really. Your fine, hit away. Now the shot that is hard enough has become increasingly hard. Almost feel I have to prove something. Adrenaline starts flowing and pulling off the shot becomes much more difficult. Plenty often I will hit a good shot and have it go long all fired up. The studs out here in Colorado hit 6 from 240. Anywho, I have shanked plenty too ;). Man been to long since I had an eagle.

Had an eagle put today. Not that that is saying much because that hole couldnt have been more then 400 yards. 3 putted for par. Played good, beautiful weather today. Played super good and relaxed with some old friends. Friends and they arent the best so no pressure and played well.

Last edited:
It kinda sucks being the guy who can. I used to have 4 (including driver) clubs I can hit 240, three carry. Now three clubs that distance, and only two carry. Definitely not sea level here. This one day I hit one down the hill on one at wellshire. Looking at the card thats 316 off the tee. Haven't been down there in years. Anyways 200 out and these people are going do you really think you can get there. I had a five in my hand. Coincidentally the challenge is not the distance but the downhill lie.

It sucks though, and it puts a pinch if not more pressure on the shot. Its tough enough, 240, tight lie, all carry, waiting for the green to clear, pissing off people on tee, maybe even playing partners. Then it comes, almost a bet. Do you think you can get there? Cmon I mean really. Your fine, hit away. Now the shot that is hard enough has become increasingly hard. Almost feel I have to prove something. Adrenaline starts flowing and pulling off the shot becomes much more difficult. Plenty often I will hit a good shot and have it go long all fired up. The studs out here in Colorado hit 6 from 240. Anywho, I have shanked plenty too ;). Man been to long since I had an eagle.

Had an eagle put today. Not that that is saying much because that hole couldnt have been more then 400 yards. 3 putted for par. Played good, beautiful weather today. Played super good and relaxed with some old friends. Friends and they arent the best so no pressure and played well.

yep. I do feel for you sluggers. Have to wait for the green to clear. haha. Glad to see you guys up north getting your time in.

Played today. The 18th on Chi Chi course, below. My boy, no doubt with the 8i in hand, his normal weapon from the fringe.

Two separate creeks running in front of this green. 2nd shot is pretty dicey on this hole. I lay up in front of those creeks.

If you look at the fairway, the tee box is invisible off the the right. So it's a tricky hole.

upload_2020-3-9_0-15-4.png

Whatever, OB shanker. No one wants to wait for you to maybe get there. You’ll score better laying up [emoji1]

Saw a joke thread and well

The police interview this guy and say, what happened to your wife.
Heart broken the guy says I told you, it was horrible, I went to tee off and she walked in front of me and the ball hit her and killed her.
You told us that the police respond, but what is the second mark?
Oh, that was my mulligan.

My kind of fairway.

Resort golf for sure. Due to all the virus scares nobody is here so I had the course to myself. I played a one man two ball scramble.. and I lost. [emoji3] got some of the winter rust out for sure and the golf gods smiled on me the trade winds laid down so it was a perfect day. Hoping to get one more in Friday before we head back

Resort golf for sure. Due to all the virus scares nobody is here so I had the course to myself. I played a one man two ball scramble.. and I lost. [emoji3] got some of the winter rust out for sure and the golf gods smiled on me the trade winds laid down so it was a perfect day. Hoping to get one more in Friday before we head back

Sorry if you said, and I missed it... where are you?

I like the idea of two ball scramble. Fun challenge. I am going to try that sometime. I dont like to but do play two or multiple balls. The second guy is often better, thats the point. I try to be the second guy first. I heard there was a book titled, be the second guy. I never read it, figured title was the point. I have had these magical rounds by myself on some resort courses all in a good mood, confident. I have also emptied dozens of balls on courses all over the place. Did in sedona one day. Ultimately it means I am not playing well and just playing one and taking my lumps would be better. I like the idea of playing two balls straight, I should see if I can. Once I hit a second, if I dont like it a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, is coming. And when that becomes every shot, I head to range. Did in Sedona.

Played a one man scramble tournament a couple of summers ago with about 15 buddies. It was brutal with temps around 100 and drinking all day. I was wore out, but it was a lot of fun. Play on golf friends!

The mental game is a huge influence on your game. I categorize it in those three sections: tee, fairway and greens. I shoot a respectable score and normally one is on game while the other 2 could use improvement. Usually I'm happy if I get 2 out of the 3 in good form in the heat of the season. So don't knock yourself. At least u have one working :) comes down to if u want to get that 2 out of the 3? Practice and the range.

Dont know why but all golf jokes involve wife.

This guy is playing golf with some friends and wife. He is on a parkland course not so different than the kind we all play. One day on the 13th he hits a big bannana slice out right and it lands in this old barn, out building. His partner says, I know this shot, I have had it. You open the doors and hit a low chaser out and up to the green. Why not, he figures, and they open the doors and clear the way for this shot. Adrenaline flowing trying to pull this shot off he blades one up into the walls, then rafters, and it ricochets out window hits his wife and kills her.

He is devastated. He quits golfing, starts bowling and never thinks of the game again. One day a few years later he decides its time to play. With heavy heart he goes out and plays. Wouldnt you know it he slices one into the barn on the 13th. Eager, this guy he is playing with says, i have seen this shot, you open the doors and.....I know, I know the man replies. Last time I was here something terrible happened. What?! Asks the playing partners. Oh it was horrible, he responds. They are listening ever more intently now. Last time I was here something tragic happened....I made a double bogey.

Wife asks husband: “Honey if I die would you remarry?”

Husband: “No I would never remarry”

Wife: “you don’t like being married?”

Husband: “I love it. Okay I’d remarry”

Wife: “if I died and you remarried would you take down my pictures?”

Husband: “no I would never take down your pictures”

Wife: “your new wife probably wouldn’t like that”

Husband: “okay I will take down your pictures”

Wife: “Honey if I died, you remarried and took down my pictures would you let your new wife use my golf clubs?”

Husband: “No she’s left handed”

Played really good, on a hard windy day. Too bad some bs at the end. Somehow I got spared betting with my two buddies on the front. Nice and loose shot 39 on the front. Left a couple out there too. So my other buddy says hey lets play for ten on the back you and me. I dont like playing with him or anyone for money in general but agreed. I have seen it all, he gets down and presses 10 times till its even somehow. Haha, actually did that to my other buddy on 18 down 30. I suggest match play making it more fair between us so he wont be out with a tripple or whatever. He says what about ties and I say push and go on. Theres a little confusion about that.

So we tie a short par 3 where it was a 3 club wind into. And I blow up the 11th, worst hole. He goes Im up two. I dont think I have ever played match play that way. skins that way, sure, match. Im like you have to win the hole. See heres the rub, if he loses, its a push right?! I agree, hes a friend, win or lose no big deal. But man pissed me off and I felt my game rush through me. If I feel my game and get confident then I am going to play well. Such a sweet moment actually, agreeing with a smile, knowing that just fired me up more than he could imagine. Without that I would have been content drinking beers and playing a b game that would have gave him a chance. Yeah that wasnt going to happen. A game focus. Won 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and missed a short putt on 17 to push.

He starts on 17 and on 18 is like so its 3 to 3 or something crazy, 4 to 3 something. My buddies like you lost on 16 5 and 2. Im like sorry man. He starts this whole deal, Im like you won one hole. Oh he thought I made bogey or some bs. Im thinking this is the kind of sh.. I cant stand. Its bad enough to get your a... whooped by twenty strokes, but now somehow you got cheated. Its embarrassing really. I couldnt imagine getting throttled like that and starting some s... If I had any balls or confidence could take someone like that for hundreds. My friend is way cooler than this sounds but dont like the money game.

Saw it in pool too. Guys would say I got "lucky". Lose every rack straight for two hours on luck. Realized I didnt even have to hustle. Wasnt worth it. Could tell people I was pretty good and played a lot and competitively and that I would probably win. Knowing that some fools still wont quit. Literally, and it could go on hours. Heres some pics actually greenish, thank goodness its practically free.
20200316_134715.jpeg
20200316_134719.jpeg

I'm playing a round at Innisbrook Monday. That guy in the yellow shirt, above, was supposed to be playing with me, but his daughter now has a fever and dry cough. Eeek.

Still gonna get out there. Will be raking the bunkers with my shoe :) I'm playing with one other guy, so I think we will just get separate carts.

I'm playing a round at Innisbrook Monday. That guy in the yellow shirt, above, was supposed to be playing with me, but his daughter now has a fever and dry cough. Eeek.

Still gonna get out there. Will be raking the bunkers with my shoe :) I'm playing with one other guy, so I think we will just get separate carts.
Ya gotta play Copperhead. That looks like a torture of placement golf.

Ya gotta play Copperhead. That looks like a torture of placement golf.

I had a tee time a few weeks ago, but cancelled out due to other obligations. I've played the rest of the courses there (they have 4 I think). I'm sure I'll play that course this year - I now have several friends who volunteer there, so I get to share their perks.

BTW, they close the course at the end of the day tomorrow. Indefinately.

Got one in yesterday. Beautiful day. 8 player net stableford. I was in the lead through 13, but a series of unfortunate events (lost balls) derailed me. Finished 3rd--just out of the money.

Every day out there feels like it could be the last. My course just announced they're only allowing walking now. I always walk anyway, but I fear it's just another step in the progression towards closing.

Latest posts

Back