lost recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillstoked

Reaction score
i had this recipe on my computer, then it crashed before i could brew it. here are the ingredients:
belgian two-row pale
light malt extract syrup
belgian wheat
belgian caravienne
belgian candi sugar dark
belgian special b
british black patent
american roasted barley
american chocolate
northen brewer
fuggles

I do have the amounts also. it is supposed to be a barley wine. I just dont know how to put them together. the web site I got the recipe from has it laid out with alternating green and white lines.

please either give me the website or tell me how it all goes together.
thank you.

I don't quite understand what you need. If you have the amounts and the right ingredients, what do you need help with?

I'm assuming this is partial mash, so mash all the grains and add the extract at boiling.

how long is the boil? how long do i boil the hops? what is the mash temp? how long do you ferment something like this?

I don't quite understand what you need. If you have the amounts and the right ingredients, what do you need help with?

I'm assuming this is partial mash, so mash all the grains and add the extract at boiling.

Depending on the amounts black/chocolate/roast makes it sound more like an Imperial Stout than a Barleywine.

Suggestions:

Mash temp ~150 (or lower) for 60 min.

90 min boil.

Aim for ~50-70 IBUs (NB primarily) add the rest of the hops with 10-20 min left in the boil.

Add the Candi syrup whenever you like (I often add it to the boil kettle during the sparge so it has time to mix in).

Make sure you pitch enough yeast. Fermentation temeprature will depend on the strain, but for a big beer it is best to keep it on the low end.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Back