Looks like my schedule will be held back a week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanVTBrew

Reaction score
Since I started brewing (4 weeks ago) I have done a batch a week. Now I'm super bummed because I simply cannot this week. I have 3 carboys, so I'm at full capacity (1 in bottles, 3 in fermenter) and was ready to bottle my 2nd batch (a cascade pale ale) when the racking cane for my siphon was compromised (Sabotage! Damn dogs)
So now the cascade, a simcoe IIPA, and a little summer session I brewed up, will be in carboys for 4 weeks. Not that I'm worried, I just need a place to sulk, and complain, that my entire weekend sucks...kind of. Sipping on some citra ipa (first batch) think it needs another week or two in bottles....delicious nonetheless.
Anyway, cheers guys!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396701211.531279.jpg

Green mountain high!

Jesus you started brewing 4 weeks ago and already have 4 batches? That's hardcore.

Sent from my iPhone

Since you may need a new siphon, I recommend picking up one of the 1/2" stainless steel racking canes instead of plastic.

They're more durable, easier to sanitize, and the 1/2" size is a much faster racking job than the typical 3/8" versions. And there's really very little difference in cost...

haha the cane thing is funny my dog tried to eat my bottle caps! right now im kinda bummed out because i a waiting for my keg to come in so i can brew up a new batch:(!

Just think how good those beers will be when they are truly ready to drink. I primary for 2 weeks + then bottle condition for 2 weeks and try one. Some are carbonated at 2 weeks but ALL have tasted better at 3 weeks bottle conditioning or longer.

I suggest that you keep your equipment away from your dogs or your dogs away from your equipment.

Back