Looking for good low carb recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZFrag

Reaction score
Hi. Love my home brewing. Love the good flavored beers. My favorite beers is my double chocolate stout in the fall.....Clone of the Great Dane's Crop Circle Wheat. Time has not been kind to me and I have been gaining weight. I have recently started a low carb diet. Only beers I have been able to drink lately is the MGD 64 and Michelob Ultra. Are there any good homemade recipes that are low carb?

Thanks,

Anything that is highly attenuated will be low carb. So, maybe check out some saisons or wild beers?

I've had pretty good luck with low carb myself. Dropped 150 pounds doing that back in 2008.

If you make a cream ale, and use some amylase (enzyme) in it, it could be very low carb in the end. I never did the math, but it would probably work very well.

Just factor in the cals from the beer and off set it by not eating bread or rice or whatever you would normally eat for carbs.

I read up that beano can give you a very low carb beer. Downside is the beer will finish very dry as the beano breaks down a lot more than amalyse enzyme does. I know I tried adding the amalyse enzyme in the boil and the fermenter and I didn't really get a noticeable drop in FG compared to what I was expecting.

Back