looking for clear 12 ounce bottles know anybody that sells them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802VermontHomebrew

Reaction score
Hey guys I am thinking about brewing a corona clone with all this hot weather we have been having... I thought it would be a refreshing beverage to bottle.... I am having trouble finding clear bottles though.... I checked midwestsupplies.com but the only one I could find were the clear grolsch (sp?) style bottles... Does anybody carry just plain clear 12 ouncers that are like a corona bottle? I figured if I went out and bought a few cases of corona I would be sick of it by the time my homebrew was ready lol... Please lemme know if you guys know a website that carries them. Thanks a bunch! :mug:

haha thanks for the idea... but you dont know anybody that sells new already EMPTY bottles hehe... I know whats the fun in that?

In Michigan, there is a bottle return deposit. So, a bar will "sell" you Corona bottles for the $.10/cent deposit. I only know of Corona and Newcastle, and I found Newcastle bottles hard to cap. Corona bottles recap easily but have the label etched onto them.

Maybe try a recycling center, or do the same with a bar or two?

Buy a few cases of corona and have a bunch of friends over to drink!

I only offer that suggestion because I don't know of anywhere that sells them.

Have you considered trying some plastic bottles?

I can pretty much guarantee buying corona and pouring it down the drain will be cheaper than buying bottles online and having them shipped (cheap bottles without shipping cost ~$1 each, and you can buy corona on sale for less). If you can pawn the beer off on someone for a few bucks, even better.

I have a few corona bottles sitting around still because I took all the effort to get their labels off. Pro tip: To get the labels off, you can soak them in star san for a day or two. Then if you let them dry then most of the label just falls off, but I had to scrub them with a SS scrubbie to finish the job.

I have a few corona bottles sitting around still because I took all the effort to get their labels off. Pro tip: To get the labels off, you can soak them in star san for a day or two. Then if you let them dry then most of the label just falls off, but I had to scrub them with a SS scrubbie to finish the job.

Pro-er Tip: Soak in Oxiclean, and most labels literally fall off within a minute. A couple brewers have some crazy glue, but that can easily be scrapped off with an old credit card or one of those fake demo credit cards they like to send out (the card bends to contour the surface of the bottle).

Pro-er Tip: Soak in Oxiclean, and most labels literally fall off within a minute. A couple brewers have some crazy glue, but that can easily be scrapped off with an old credit card or one of those fake demo credit cards they like to send out (the card bends to contour the surface of the bottle).

That doesn't do **** for silk-screened labels. I just put my own label over the corona ones

Back