Looking for basic electric HERMs components that I can GROW with!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c3hutson

Reaction score
I'm an all grain brewer currently using a single kettle for HLT/Boil and a 10 gal false bottom igloo MLT. Winter is coming up and I currently brew on a blichmann burner with leg extensions.

So I'm at a crossroads for winter:
1) freeze my ass off on my back porch
2) start building an electric brewery in my basement (220V is not a problem)

I'm to the point now where I want to move to 10 or 15 gallon batches for my staple recipes.

So I'm looking at pumps right now so I can start to integrate that into my current brewing process to eliminate lifting things all over the place between sparges and boiling. I'd also like to use this pump for a whirlpool during my immersion cooling.

So here's my first question:
What is a pump that I can buy now and still grow with if I move up to 15 gallons down the road?

My next major goal is to build (or buy) an HLT with a HERMs coil and electric fittings. I'm looking at boilermakers then I'm thinking... that's a lot of money for weldless fittings and I'm not sure I want to spend that much on something that I will have to drill out for HERMs fittings. My current pot is drilled (by myself) and it went fine, but my pot was only 75 dollars. 500 dollar pot is a different story in my opinion.

Does anyone have any advice on stainless kettles for this application? I will eventually be ditching the cooler as well and would like uniform pots.

I apologize for this being all of the place!

Back