Looking for an Arizona peach ale clone by Four Peaks???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hefhead25

Reaction score
After much thought and outside influence, I've decided to try and make a peach ale as my next extract batch, Im looking for one that would come pretty close to Four Peaks Peach ale frankly because of several requests. Anybody out there have any recipes that would be close or is there an actual clone out there. BTW You guys rock! You've all been a ton of help anytime i have a question. Usually you all have answered it already! Thanks again.

Sadly not much info on the brewery website:

The dominating character of this beer is of course peach flavor and aroma. It is a little more subtle than most fruit beers which makes it more approachable. Light in body and color.

Alcohol content of approximately 4.0% by volume (ALWAYS ON TAP!!)
-----------
Odds are if they don't mention using real fruit, they are using extract. Might be worth emailing them to get some info. Otherwise brew a light base beer (American wheat?), and dose with extract until you are happy with the fruit character.

I see your Peach ale and raise you a Hop Knot. Seriously, I can't get enough of any kind of beer they make. The recent seasonal ESB and Poppin Pils, just fantastic. I recommend signing up for the dinners they have been having where they provide 4 courses and beer to complement. I wish I owned that place and the proprietor had a feather up his ass. We would both be tickled.

I would love to find a Kilt Lifter recipe. Four Peaks recipes seem to be elusive, but It's in my opinion the best Microbrew in Arizona.

Thanks guys appreciate the input looks like ill have to find a good substitute or do a little more research on this one. I've got "who's in the garden grand cru" in primary right now so that will have to do for now. Thanks again!

I went to panamera training in chandler last year and got addicted to the kilt lifter... been looking to clone the peach for my wife... hmmm anyone have any ideas?

Well hey if its any consolation I. Eventually brewed a simple wheat base beer.
6lbs. Wheat malt extract
1oz hallertau. (Bittering)60 mins
Nottingham dry yeast
4 oz peach extract (added to secondary for 10 days)
5 gal batch
This one came out great and we actually (I know I shouldn't say it) likedthis one better then four peaks Arizona peach. This by no means was a clone. It came out pretty different but great!

I am an avid beer fan, but have never attended Four Peaks. My other brewing friend who lives closer to Scottsdale, goes every Thursday night. I have yet to go. I have been really stuck on OGGI's close to where I live. I love their Torrey Pines IPA . . .

Four Peaks updated their website with LOTS of information. SRM, IBU, malt bills and hops used for all their beers.

I've come up with a clone recipe for Kilt Lifter, and have some good info for the Arizona Peach.

AZ Peach: 2SRM, 9IBU, 4.2% ABV.
Grains: 2-row, Carapils, and White Wheat
Hops: Magnum

The recipe is easy other than the Peach, I would do:

5.5gal, Assuming 82% eff:
4.5lbs 2-row
2.5lbs White Wheat
.5lb carapils
Mash at 149-150
0.5oz Magnum hops @15min
Safale US-05 or S-04

The peach is the tough part, I'm not sure if it's an extract or puree (tastes like extract to me). The carapils will add some sweetness to balance the tart puree if you choose to go that route.

Kilt Lifter clone(I've yet to brew this, but I think it will be dangerously close).

5.5gal, 82% eff(scale as needed).

9lbs 2-row
1lb Crystal 80L
.5lb CaraPils
2.5oz Roasted Barley
Mash @ 152
1oz East Kent Goldings @ 60
1oz East kent Goldings @ 15
Safale S-04
Targets: OG: 1.060 FG: 1.014 ABV: 6.0% IBU:22 SRM:16

The Target OG and FG are the hard part. My guess is Kilt Lifter attenuates nicely and has plenty of Crystal 80 and carapils to give body. It's possible there's less Crystal, more Roasted Barley, and a Higher OG and FG. But I think that clone should be close. I'll be brewing it in a month or two.

I brewed this last weekend.

Assuming 68% efficiency. 5.5 gal batch size.

5.0 lbs - 2 Row Malt
3.0 lbs - White Wheat Malt
1.25 lbs - Cara-Pils
1.0 tsp - Irish Moss 15 mins left in boil
.50 oz - Magnum Hops (14.10% AA) 10 mins left in boil
1 - White Labs California Ale Yeast

When I transfer to secondary I will add 3.1 lb can of Oregon Fruit Peach Puree.

My target OG was 1.042 and I hit 1.040. Estimated IBU is 9.0.

I didn't brew a clone of this recipe (in fact I just found this thread). However, I brewed a Peach Ale about a month ago that is very similiar.

9.00 lbs - US 2 Row
2.00 lbs - White Wheat Malt
0.50 oz - Citra Hops (13.4% AA) - 60 min
1 pkg - Wyeast 1272 - American Ale II

3 lbs - Oregon Fruit Peach Puree in secondary

Let sit in primary for one week (7 days) then racked on top of peach puree in secondary. Let this sit for approximately 2 weeks then bottled with 3/4 c. priming sugar.

I just now tried the beer today and it came out great. The peach aroma is prominent but not overwhelming. The flavor is light in body with a peach flavor in the background. Carbonation is good right now. Nice frothy 1/4 inch white head that lasts.

My first impression of this beer was that it was good. However, after drinking several sips I started to notice what I perceived to be a phenolic aroma. Not sure if I was just confusing myself with the peach aroma...however the taste was still good. I am going to have a BJCP judge taste this one and let me know...never used peach before this so I don't know if it has that sort of aroma common.

Four Peaks is a major sponsor with ASH, I have found the staff there to be amongst the coolest brewers I have met, I would imagine that, assuming you were a card carrying member of ASH, and enjoyed the discounts at Four Peaks afforded us, that you just might get to talk with the brewers while enjoying a pint or three, and maybe ask for some help in making a small batch at home. I am sure they would be happy to give you some helpful hints!

I brewed this last weekend.

5.0 lbs - 2 Row Malt
3.0 lbs - White Wheat Malt
1.25 lbs - Cara-Pils
1.0 tsp - Irish Moss 15 mins left in boil
.50 oz - Magnum Hops (14.10% AA) 10 mins left in boil
1 - White Labs California Ale Yeast

When I transfer to secondary I will add 3.1 lb can of Oregon Fruit Peach Puree.

My target OG was 1.042 and I hit 1.040. Estimated IBU is 9.0.

In addition to the recipe I posted above, I added 1.5 oz of peach flavoring at bottling. 1 week in the bottle and the taste is great so far. I will post in another week or two.

In addition to the recipe I posted above, I added 1.5 oz of peach flavoring at bottling. 1 week in the bottle and the taste is great so far. I will post in another week or two.

This is a good tasting beer. It felt a little too light. The next time I will try the following.

5.5 lbs - 2 Row Malt
3.5 lbs - White Wheat Malt
1.25 lbs - Cara-Pils
1.0 tsp - Irish Moss (15 mins left in boil)
.50 oz - Magnum Hops (14.10% AA) (15 mins left in boil)
White Labs California Ale Yeast
3.1 lb can of Oregon Fruit Peach Puree (Secondary)
1.25 oz - Peach flavoring (bottling)

Hate to bring up an old thread, but why add magnum so late in the boil? Not much in the flavor department, seems like a waste of AAUs.

Latest posts

Back