Looking for an AG Vanilla Brown Ale Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonToews

Reaction score
Im a big fan of Granville Island's Winter Ale, which is a brown ale with a vanilla after taste. Anyone out there have an all grain recipe for something similar?

Cheers

Jason

winterale.jpg

How nice to have my recipe referenced! Thanks delusionalsociety!

As for brown ales, I think the vanilla technique would work well with the Moose Drool recipe:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/can-you-brew-recipe-big-sky-moose-drool-175358/

It's a maltier brown ale, and you gotta love the English ale yeast. A tiny touch of sweetness, a pleasant amount of roast, really tasty crystal flavors. You may only need a week of "dry-vanilla" to get the flavor you want. Two weeks is more appropriate for darker, roastier beers (like my porter).

ooooo I love Moose Drool. I go across the border just to buy it. They don't sell it in canada due to a brewery here named "Moose Head". Apparently since the name is so close they wont sell it here.

Back