Looking for a recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimmyBee327

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to brewing. I just successfully did my own hard cider and I'm wanting to try beer now. I typically like wheat beer or lagers. Is there a simple recipe for beginners that I could try?

You can do an American wheat beer very easily- you could use this recipe from this site, the all extract recipe from this article, written by one of the mastersor I bet your local homebrew store sells a simple kit. The recipe linked from this site has you steeping grains, which is very easy, but the recipe from the article is nothing but 7 lbs of wheat liquid extract and hops- as simple as it gets. For your first time doing extract, I suggest buying reverse osmosis water for your entire volume of water, so that you don't have to worry about chlorine from your tap water, which will mess up a beer pretty badly. Clean and sanitize everything carefully, pitch dry American style ale yeast, put the fermentation bucket or carboy in a cold water bath with some bottles of frozen water, change out the bottles twice a day to keep the fermentation temps in the mid 60s, and in a few weeks you should have some nice beer.

Back