logo/label work for trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyPBar

Reaction score
hey guys. i am currently unemployed and find myself with a lot of free time. i really want to get into to brewing but lack the disposable income needed at this point in time. so if anyone is interested i would design a logo, and do up to 10 completely different labels tailored to your exact specifications in trade for a basic starter kit to get me brewing. thanks guys. here is a link to see some of the labels i have worked on so far: clicky

send me a message if you are interested. :mug:

What kinda money you want to whip up one? My son wants to name my beer "Bowser Brau" after Bowser in the Mario Bros (adding the dots over the a in brau). I have absolutely 0 graphics skills hell my 9 year old boy would probably kick my ass in graphic design tbqh.

if anyone else is interested in a single label i can do that, maybe for a brew supply gift certificate or something. send me a message and we can figure something out.

Here's a rough draft of what I'm talking about.

label.jpg

hey grimster,
i dont know if u got them but i sent you a couple of messages. but i havent been on in a few days due my six year old computer crashing. i like your bowser label. let me know what you are thinking to improve or add to it. and if you want anything else written on it like ingredients or a slogan, etc. k look forward to hearing from you.

Well one thing I would do, had I the skill, is make the logo a rainbow shape over the Bowser, and then maybe put some background in of other mario chars, kinda small and stuff like in a game, then put some bordering around it like you often see on the borders of beer symbols like grain and stuff and then boxes with small text for the "real info" (style/brewdate/etcetcetc)

ok i will see what i can do. i should be able to get you a first draft within the next day or two. ok we'll be in touch. i'll get to work on the label. :ban:

ok man heres a rough draft. the side boxes could be used for ingredients or slogans, etc. i am still tweaking with them to get them to look more like the background boxes in the game. i kinda just went with the mario bros theme. let me know if you want a little less of that and a little more conventional style with the barley stalks, hops, scrolling etc. i can blend a little of that in if you like.
bowserlabel.jpg

Hey that's looking pretty cool, maybe move the "ground" up another litlte bit so his foot is exposed and as long as I can easily change the text to say other beer names/abv/etc I could see using the hell outta this! maybe add a nice runner of hops on the blue side and a runner of barley on the brown side as a side decoration. Actually you could move the whole thing up and increase the brown area under the green grass till the whole bottom text is backgrounded in brown making it less cluttered I think, take just a hair of space out from between bowser and the bowser brau text, then increase the brown moving all of that up some and it'd be real clean and easy to read.

Excellent work so far :)

Bam I think that pretty much nails it :) Pm me a fair price for your work and how to deliver payment. This is a PSD and the fonts are easy to attain I hope? Since each time I brew there will be major text changes to the label to match the new output.

would anyone else be interested in a custom label or series of labels? i am just almost able to get a starting brew kit. :ban: pm me and i'll get busy on your new professional label!

Ordered a pack of 3.3 x 4" shipping labels, 6 per page, but when these run out (or possibly before) it'll be plain old laserjet + milk or one of my kid's glue sticks.

The plain label I did last week bottling was with glue stick, and removal was a peach, just soaked it overnight and the next morning the label simply fell away as I picked the bottle up to put it in the dishwasher.

That's sick! LazyPbar, pm me if you can, I have a general concept in mind, in terms of trade, I'm sure we can work something out, I'm unemployed/self-employed as well, you accept paypal? Ps, Grimster, wicked concept!

hey natebomb, just sent you a pm. i would be happy to do a label for ya. as it turns i just finished the last one i was working on last week and don't think i will be employed until the end of the month, so i've still got lots of spare time!

I can't stop laughing at the beer label. Great job! I used to love playing Mario on the OG Nintendo.

well guys i have just been laid off again. so i am back to creating labels and logos for trade to quench my brewing obsession. if anyone is interested shoot me a pm. cheers! :mug:

Looks cool. Just want to point out that it should be "complements", not compliments. This isn't really any of my business, but would it be too cluttered with a mario-type cloud in the sky? I always loved those clouds.

i made the original kind of a blank template for the guy to add in whatever wording he wanted. As for the sky, i didnt even think to add in the mario bros clouds, but you may be right it might make it a little cluttered. but if he wanted some it wouldnt take much to add em in.

Back