Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@HopsAreGood , Ill jump on this and get to collecting this weekend. Im not working next week so I should be able to venture out to some breweries. Ill shoot for shipping either the 13th or the 20th depending on how quickly I can collect.

I saw your preferences but are there any styles that you dislike?

@HopsAreGood , Ill jump on this and get to collecting this weekend. Im not working next week so I should be able to venture out to some breweries. Ill shoot for shipping either the 13th or the 20th depending on how quickly I can collect.

I saw your preferences but are there any styles that you dislike?
Awesome! Thank you! I wouldn’t say there are any styles that I dislike, but the preferences I put down are definitely my favorites. I’ll be grateful and excited to drink anything that you send to me. Where do you live?

Im in the Upper Peninsula of MI. Breweries are few and far between, at least by me. But there are some good ones with some unique brews.

My package was delivered today. Awesome variety of beers that I’ve never seen before. I’m super excited to dig into these and try them out. Thank you so much @yoop89! It’s clear you put some time and effort into putting this all together and I really do appreciate it.

Now go ahead and post your preferences and someone get this guy some beers !

Glad they made it safe!

I enjoy darker beers, sours and anything belgian. Ill try an IPA but usually not a go to beer for me. Thanks!

I should have posted a picture of the package I received from @yoop89...so here it is better late than never. I only took one picture and was in a bit of a rush. Thanks again, so far so good!

3F1740CC-57E6-492F-B262-AF2080BDACC0.jpeg

So, I'm debating getting involved in this stuff at some point. I found some old tips/instructions on shipping beers through fedex. Is that generally what folks are following? USPS is a giant no-no? The only fed ex drop off area in the county is the Walgreens down the street, so I'd have that going for me.

So, I'm debating getting involved in this stuff at some point. I found some old tips/instructions on shipping beers through fedex. Is that generally what folks are following? USPS is a giant no-no? The only fed ex drop off area in the county is the Walgreens down the street, so I'd have that going for me.

It doesn't matter on the carrier. I've been caught by them all, and USPS was the least formal eventually sending a standard document with the blanks filled out in pencil, so... FedEx shut my account down, and UPS just said don't do it again. I still use UPS from time to time. USPS is the most expensive unless you ship in their flat rate boxes. Otherwise it's about $10 more than UPS/FedEx, and gets there the fastest (3-4 days coast to coast depending on what's going on).

The key thing with shipping is just wrapping the beers well (bubble wrap). Second to that, and maybe more important, is to add "noise makers" to the box such as runts, spree, etc (boxed candy). It's a pretty good insurance policy because you can't hear the beer sloshing around.

And don't bother insuring the package; lost cause.

Andddddddddddddd when you inevitably are caught and the beer "destroyed" plan to ship a second box at your cost. It's the unspoken rule that I speak of...I've probably lost three to five boxes of beer (some due to piss poor packaging).

Anyways, I love it...wouldn't have heard of half my favorite breweries without the FotD.

Never been caught once. Amateurs...just playing around. :rock:Wrap them individually with bubble wrap and tell the person at the desk it’s souvenirs from a trip. Be prepared to tell them where you “went” 99 times out of 100 they could care less what you’re shipping.

One of my best friends has been shipping a LOT of beer over the last few years and has never had an issue either.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm tempted to give it a shot. I'm a regular at our post office in town, the only time they ask questions if when I'm shipping books via media mail. Never really dealt much with fed ex outside of returning goods or sending things in for repairs. In those instances, the clerk at the desk never asks anything.

That all being said, I'm not sure anyone would want most of the beers that I have access to around here...

Would love to get in on this.. Western MA here.
I'll drink just about any decent beer as long as it does not have nuts in it..(peanut butter/coconut etc..)

Hmm, I'm tempted to give it a shot. I'm a regular at our post office in town, the only time they ask questions if when I'm shipping books via media mail. Never really dealt much with fed ex outside of returning goods or sending things in for repairs. In those instances, the clerk at the desk never asks anything.

That all being said, I'm not sure anyone would want most of the beers that I have access to around here...
All of the beer I have shipped has been via USPS. Zero issues. Your mileage may vary but you really don’t need to be worried about it. Give them the package, pay for it, be on your way. IF they ask anything, just have a story ready and you’re good.

Would love to get in on this.. Western MA here.
I'll drink just about any decent beer as long as it does not have nuts in it..(peanut butter/coconut etc..)
You have to ship to someone first...once they receive your package then someone else will step up to send you a package. I believe @3 Dawg Night is still waiting for someone to send them a package. If you want in just claim it here and send him/her a private message.

Treehouse can indeed be involved, though Honest Weight can give them a run for their money too, I think we also have 19 other breweries in spitting distance that have a decent selection of beers too.. Might be something in the water?

Treehouse can indeed be involved, though Honest Weight can give them a run for their money too, I think we also have 19 other breweries in spitting distance that have a decent selection of beers too.. Might be something in the water?
Awesome! I'm good with anything, really. A mix would be good: IPA, something dark, etc. I trust your judgement! I'll PM my address. Thanks!

I use USPS due to that’s all I have unless I go the next town over. They always ask the generic questions about the package having liquids or batteries or anything dangerous. Between here and other trades I’ve made, I’ve shipped beer close to 10 times and have yet to have any issues. As long as it’s packed well you should not have any major issues.

You don't need a minimum number of posts etc, requiring you to ship your beer, before you receive beer, is a pretty good insurance policy. You're good to grant.
Sweet, I have something I need to 3d print first then I will jump in, always like to send a little something different in trades

Back