Let's Remember Some Beers (In Memoriam: Old IPAs)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone say onions?

37754.jpg

Or Dirty Dancer

These 2 from Ohio got me all hot and bothered 10 years ago. Many of my first beer trades were for 6 packs of these.
View attachment 7266

I still buy at least a sixer of head hunter a month. Being able to easily pull 1-3 week old head hunter off the shelf in six packs is not something I will take for granted.

I forgot there were so many hop puns 5-10 years ago,

Brewers used up all of the hop puns between 2006 and 2016, which is why almost every IPA name is now stolen from old hip hop lyrics, memes or trademarked consumer brand logos.

"We interpret our use of Post Fruity Pebblestypeface and box styling as satire and thus falls under fair use, but srs don't be a narc and tell them. A narc is the least cool think you can be."

Last edited:
I bought this, plus Alpine Nelson and Duet from Wally's Wine in 2010. One purchase. Nine years and several moves later I'm still getting their ****ing mailer.

LOL used to be my local. They closed the main store last year (RIP) and now are focused on their restaurant/winebar/limited retail concept (though it seems like they are still doing a good deal of retail business online).

Still two of my go to breweries when I’m looking for an IPA

Good to hear. Those have historically been my favorite hop-centric breweries. One of the best things about visiting Oregon is Hop Venom on tap basically everywhere. Would drink that and Pallet Jack all the time if they were regularly available to me.

Back