Lancer Pin Lock Disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaFoxtrot

Reaction score
Bagged a Craigslist find last week of four pin lock kegs, two 20#(out of date) cylinders, two regulators and assorted fittings. For $125 delivered, I figure I didn't do too bad.

The lot included about a dozen disconnects with "LANCER" on one side and "PROPERTY OF COCA-COLA USA":rolleyes: on the other. They appear fairly heavy-duty; with a steel locking ring on the bottom.

IMG_0864-173x151.jpg

Googling, I found Lancer Corp is still around and, although they don't show them on their web site, I found a source for the disconnects. The CL seller was a contractor that found the stuff in the basement of a foreclosed home north of Atlanta. It appears to have been used for soda and had been laying around a while, so I've got some cleaning to do. I'm sure Coca-Cola dumped all this stuff years ago, so there's no telling how old it all is.

I like the looks of 'em, so if they clean up well I'll give them a try. Just curious if anyone else has run across these disconnects. While I didn't search HBT very diligently, I didn't find any reference to these on the site. Just a couple hits on their dispensing equipment.

Is that all metal? It sure looks beefy.

Cornys have been around for 60-something years - there's a crapload of history there. It wouldn't surprise me if a whole lot of component suppliers have come and gone from the corny business - if not all of business...

Cheers!

Back