Source for a *static* Pressure Relief Valve for a pin lock 5gal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

circitmage

Reaction score
upon pressurizing, I discovered my PRV is leaking ... after disassembling, found that the small plastic tabs holding down the PRV are cracked - not likely repairable ... this is a static PRV on a pin lock Coke keg ... can't seem to find replacements at the usual sites ... does anyone have a source? or repair ideas?

Attachments

• cln_img_3025.jpg
    cln_img_3025.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
The replacement valves are nearly impossible to find lately and if you do, they are pretty pricey. I’ve been spending the extra money and replacing them with new lids that have the manual PRVs.
Here is a site that still offers them if you’re dead set on having one. All the other vendors I’ve used before list them out of stock.
https://southhillsbrewing.com/shop/...keg-automatic-pressure-relief-valve-pin-lock/

Yes, forgot to mention that with my link. Its explained on the product page though too ;)

yeah just wanted to point out when i went to replace my PRV in my pin lock lid, i had a few extra laying around...thought easy, but they were different, so had to get a new lid....their only like $15, so no big deal though....

remember when buying a new lid, ball lock, and pin lock are the same? and it's WAY easier to get new PRVs for ball lock lids....
Do ball lock lids fit pin lock kegs? I know the lid gaskets are interchangable but I've never tried to swap lids around.

The replacement valves are nearly impossible to find lately and if you do, they are pretty pricey. I’ve been spending the extra money and replacing them with new lids that have the manual PRVs.
Here is a site that still offers them if you’re dead set on having one. All the other vendors I’ve used before list them out of stock.
https://southhillsbrewing.com/shop/...keg-automatic-pressure-relief-valve-pin-lock/
Thanks for this info ... unfortunately they are not shipping these ... only for pickup at their PA location ;-(

Back