Lager Chamber Died

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaky6

Reaction score
Well I've been working on my first lager, it's been in the chamber @36 for 2 months now. Or so I thought. I just got back from a 30 day deployment and the compressor died somewhere in there. It's 73 right now. What do you think is up with the beer?

Drink away
Yeah I was kind of thinking that. Or maybe restart the lager process. Just wondering what may have happened with the remaining yeast. It was lagering off the yeast cake.

Even better.
I wouldn't bother lagering again due to suck back/O2, unless you can combat that

If you keg, just keg it, chill and forget about it for a few weeks and try not to move the keg.

Even better.
I wouldn't bother lagering again due to suck back/O2, unless you can combat that

If you keg, just keg it, chill and forget about it for a few weeks and try not to move the keg.
Yeah, I could do that with the keg. Thanks.

If you were cold during the primary phase I think your good to go. The warm Lager isn’t to style but it still allowed some time to age and mature.

I’d keg it and drink away.

Thanks for your service!

If you were cold during the primary phase I think your good to go. The warm Lager isn’t to style but it still allowed some time to age and mature.

I’d keg it and drink away.

Thanks for your service!
Thanks. Yes everything went super for fermentation and into lagering. It was in month 2 of the lagering that the temp went up.

Update. I've had this on CO2 for about a week now in the kegerator. It's interesting. I've never had anything like it but it's delicious. It has a hint of diacytal but it compliments the malt flavor. Really clean finish.

Back