Kuhnhenn March Meadness 2014 Details Posted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Hope not as well.
How have the mead releases been coordinated at the brewpub? At the loading door like Solstice?
Tent will be up all weekend, so I'd wager the line will form by the front door.

Happiness is..... This is a dry sack mead. Orange blossom honey gives this light mead plenty of citrus flavors and aromas. This is a dry mead....NOT sweet. $18 limit 3

Meanwhile.....Blueberry Yarrow: This is Sunflower Mead flavored with blueberries and Yarrow Flowers. It is slightly sweet with lot's of blueberry flavors and aromas. The Yarrow give this mead an earthy/dry character. $18 limit 1

Barrel Aged Ginger: This is our three y/o barrel aged Michigan Wildflower with lots of ginger added. Sweet and spicy! $20 limit 1

Chocolate Raspberry Port Pyment: This is Orange Blossom mead with Chocolate Raspberry Port added. A dessert in every sip!
$22 limit 1

Anyone going Monday morning/afternoon???

I took the day off lol.

Special tap beers tonight are "Tropic Thunder" & "Wild Blueberry Pancake Ale".

Dunno what Tropic is, & I'm unsure of whether or not the addition of "Wild" to the Blueberry Pancake Ale means it's a different beer from last year, or if Kuhnhenn's just adding random adjectives to their beer names like they often do.

I took the day off lol.

Special tap beers tonight are "Tropic Thunder" & "Wild Blueberry Pancake Ale".

Dunno what Tropic is, & I'm unsure of whether or not the addition of "Wild" to the Blueberry Pancake Ale means it's a different beer from last year, or if Kuhnhenn's just adding random adjectives to their beer names like they often do.
I'll be there Monday early-ish. I don't know what is socially acceptable. Would be cool to get a small group together or whatever and shoot the **** .

I'll be there Monday early-ish. I don't know what is socially acceptable. Would be cool to get a small group together or whatever and shoot the **** .
I was there before they opened at 7am last year. Gotta get dat free breakfast buffet.

Anyone try the special release beers last night? How were they..

Wild Blueberry Pancake was not bad, a little medicinal, but good. Tropic Thunder is not at all what I expected when I heard "ghost pepper/chocolate/coconut". It was gold, super heavy coconut/sun tan lotion smell, no chocolate, barely any heat, lots of coconut flavor. Enjoyable, but was hoping for something more like Proprietors + Mexican Cake.

Wild Blueberry Pancake was not bad, a little medicinal, but good. Tropic Thunder is not at all what I expected when I heard "ghost pepper/chocolate/coconut". It was gold, super heavy coconut/sun tan lotion smell, no chocolate, barely any heat, lots of coconut flavor. Enjoyable, but was hoping for something more like Proprietors + Mexican Cake.
Dang good to know. Sounded amazing...

Yes they are filling orders quickly. I got there just before noon and was about 100 or so in line. Waited about 20 minutes. Folks were still lining up when I left. I imagine if there's really about 200 six packs that they'll be gone fairly soon.

Yes they are filling orders quickly. I got there just before noon and was about 100 or so in line. Waited about 20 minutes. Folks were still lining up when I left. I imagine if there's really about 200 six packs that they'll be gone fairly soon.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will miss out. Oh well, hopefully some Mud will be on tap tonight when I am there tonight.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will miss out. Oh well, hopefully some Mud will be on tap tonight when I am there tonight.
I heard from someone who asked that they were tapping Mud this afternoon at some point. I imagine you'll get some later.

Doesn't help that some went up twice. ****ing dick moves, but I understand how things are now. No shame in their game.

Doesn't help that some went up twice. ****ing dick moves, but I understand how things are now. No shame in their game.

Yea man I hear you. That is something that is hard to control. Happened at the KBE release too. How else people gonna trade for wales though bro? Gotta maximize those bottles. Lol
I will be happy with what's on tap tonight. I usually am at Kuhnhenns.

I also want to know where that dude got that kickass fitted Kuhnhenn lid. Looked killer.... makes me think it was a one-off he may have had done.
ISO: kickass Kuhnhenn lids

Nice to meet you as well!

American Imperial Stout was one of my favorite Kuhnhenn brews. Sad to see everyone saying the two year barrel aged version is meh :( still haven't opened a bottle but I'm sure I will soon.

The March Meadness releases for this Saturday are:

Orange Blossom Sack- This is a dessert-styled mead. Sweet and rich with great orange blossom character. $18 limit 1

Meanwhile......Lemon/Lavender- The lemon in this is the perfect accompaniment to the perfumey lavender. $18 limit 1

Barrel-Aged Vanilla Gorilla- This is our barrel aged Michigan Wildflower blended with a ridiculous amount of two types of super-premium vanilla beans. $20 limit 1

Cherry Port Pyment- This is our fabulous Port wine blended with Michigan Montmorency cherries and mead. $22 limit 1

The March Meadness releases for this Saturday are:

Orange Blossom Sack- This is a dessert-styled mead. Sweet and rich with great orange blossom character. $18 limit 1

Meanwhile......Lemon/Lavender- The lemon in this is the perfect accompaniment to the perfumey lavender. $18 limit 1

Barrel-Aged Vanilla Gorilla- This is our barrel aged Michigan Wildflower blended with a ridiculous amount of two types of super-premium vanilla beans. $20 limit 1

Cherry Port Pyment- This is our fabulous Port wine blended with Michigan Montmorency cherries and mead. $22 limit 1
**** me.

Suns a bitches.

Back