Korbinian disappointed me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corkybstewart

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Korbinian used to be one of my top German beers. But yesterday I drank one that I recently purchases, and it was very disappointing. It was syrupy, way too sweet to be enjoyable. I don't blame the beer, it's probably my tastes that have changed since I last drank one. but it was a sad experience.

Unfortunately you'll never know how it was handled before you purchased it, which can have tremendous impact on one's experience. With imports it is often a crapshoot on whether it will taste anything approaching how the brewers intended.

I'd also be curios to know how fresh this latest example is-- this is the only method I have found to give myself the best case scenario of having the beer taste as good as possible.

Unfortunately you'll never know how it was handled before you purchased it, which can have tremendous impact on one's experience. With imports it is often a crapshoot on whether it will taste anything approaching how the brewers intended.

I'd also be curios to know how fresh this latest example is-- this is the only method I have found to give myself the best case scenario of having the beer taste as good as possible.
Hopefully I'll be in Germany this fall, I'll try it again there for sure.

Back