kool clamp tool thingy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whalenutz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
http://akcooltools.com/clamptite.html

i found this at alaska state fair and picked one up for offroading, bought the stainless wire, and well worked so good i tried it on my transfer hoses and beer and gas hose and man it is awesome, if i knew how to post a pic then i would but the site has a ton of useful pics. anyway this is not my site, just wanted to share the kool tool with you

Wow, cool tool. I do a lot of offroading myself, and other auto work. I think that is toolbox gold.

Sweet. I off road as well, so this might be something handy to throw in the back of the Jeep.

And since my parents live in Willow, it'd be pretty easy to have them pick one up and toss it in a flat rate box.

thing is gold like wip said countless usess but tricky to figure out at first but then after a cupple it becomes like second nature, like say making ten transfer hoses, dam i wish i could post pic, that is my misson now to firgure out how to do it

Ta-Da!!! There was a thread last year about this like Gila said. I'd forgotten about it.
ph-clamptite02.jpg

Upload pics to gallery, or more simply put them on photobucket and paste the link here.

Question for WIP?

What type of rig do you have? I've wheeled with some guys from your area before, most of us are Jeep guys.

Question for WIP?

What type of rig do you have? I've wheeled with some guys from your area before, most of us are Jeep guys.

I have shuffled through a few in the hard times of the last few years. I started with a S10 zr2 on 35" tires, it was prettey but useless. Next was my first XJ it was a wheeling machine on it's 32" tires with a ton of extras, it would go anywhere a rig on 35"s would go. Then I had an 80' toyota hilux, hated it. Now I have another XJ with no lift on 33"s. I have put about $700 total into the rig (including purchase) and I haven't had a problem with it. I am a summer wheeler, I hate the cold and I had a bad experience a couple years ago that probably contributed to my lack of winter wheeling.

I've got the economy model! I love the thing!! It takes a few minutes...but it beats the crap out of worm clamps and oetikers for my uses!!

I recommend it for your boat, RV, truck, garden hoses...brewery!!

And these guys have good prices on wire...

http://www.skygeek.com/stainless-lockwire.html

Your local Harbor Frieight might have safety wire too...

Man, I'm glad I found this. I bought a pound of .041 safety wire a while back for some brake work... this is going to be so perfect. I saw this thing years ago and forgot about it. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here, I want to start using my kegerator!!

Just Received mine today,This thing is great! I`ve already replaced all my worm clamps.
A definite must have for any home brewer.
I think it would be a good idea for some of the vender's here to carry these things.

I took a look at that thing and went, "HUH??" Then I saw the instructions and now I want one! Some SS wire would be the ticket for so many things!

Back