Komos Kegerator Bites The Dust at 14 months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after SEVEN DAYS, I finally got an email response from MoreBeer. They recommend to start with replacing the temp probe. It's only $20, but they wanted to tack on their $9 shipping fee, but luckily I was able to have them waive shipping at least. I asked if they'd be able to expedite it, but looks like it'll be another week before I get the part. Jeeze! Meanwhile, I believe I'll hold out on installing the 3 in 1, in case the probe does the trick.

Curious if you tried calling them? There is..in my experience some level of disconnect between those that take calls and those that respond to emails, but it might have accelerated potential call to solution? $20 for a damn temp probe seems ridiculous. Is this the part on the inside of the kegerator on the right wall behind the plastic cover?

Curious if you tried calling them? There is..in my experience some level of disconnect between those that take calls and those that respond to emails, but it might have accelerated potential call to solution? $20 for a damn temp probe seems ridiculous. Is this the part on the inside of the kegerator on the right wall behind the plastic cover?

Yes, it's on the right inner wall behind the little cover. I called MoreBeer when the kegerator first stopped working on three separate days before I was actually able to speak to someone. That person said there was nothing that MoreBeer could do, but that they did sell parts. No suggestions whatsoever. The email was the only informative, and potentially helpful correspondence I've had with them. I asked if it would be beyond them to show some good will and send the part with no charge, but freight was all I could get out of them.

Well...that blows. I will tell you that although the the Komos V2 & the Kegland Series X kegerators are eerily the same, that the thermisistor probe (which is what it is labeled as w/the Series X), that part is not interchangeable.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Hom...gLand-Kegerators/Replacement-Thermistor-Probe
$20 still seems ridiculous though. The part I listed above, although for a different kegerator is only $8.50. Is the part listed on More Beer's site?

Well...that blows. I will tell you that although the the Komos V2 & the Kegland Series X kegerators are eerily the same, that the thermisistor probe (which is what it is labeled as w/the Series X), that part is not interchangeable.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Hom...gLand-Kegerators/Replacement-Thermistor-Probe
$20 still seems ridiculous though. The part I listed above, although for a different kegerator is only $8.50. Is the part listed on More Beer's site?

Wow. The part has to be requested by phone at MoreBeer, not on the site.

I don't know if this has been brought up but I would go directly to the manufacturer. They have a contact email on their site. I would explain the situation and maybe they will lend a helping hand since it is just out of warranty.

I'm glad morebeer is helping but this is on Komos. Hope you get it back up and running.

Komos Website

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been brought up but I would go directly to the manufacturer. They have a contact email on their site. I would explain the situation and maybe they will lend a helping hand since it is just out of warranty.

I'm glad morebeer is helping but this is on Komos. Hope you get it back up and running.

Komos Website
I've emailed Komos three times. No response.

I actually did a little digging earlier today, and I highly suspect that the [email protected] redirects to somebody else *cough* morebeer.

Create an account on Komos site.

MoreFlavor! invites you to create an account.

Click on Order Tracking.

The banner has the MoreFlavor logo.
Yep. No difference apparently.

More than likely, these are directly imported by Morebeer. And while not to hijack, I had poor customer service from them on my first order, free shipping was met, ordered with paypal and got email from them wanting $8 for shipping. Nope, cancel order. You obviously LIE on your website. No response at all on my email. plenty of other companies out there. I'd 3xpect that your part you ordered the other day will fix. I very well doubt it is a temp probe.

You're contacting all the right parties but it's still sad you have to wait so long to get responses. Morebeer sold you the kegerator and even though it's out of warranty you'd think they'd try to help and make it appear they care. As far as Komos goes, yes they are the ones that should step up but it looks they are a dead end. I feel bad for you since this could be happening to any one of us purchasing a product these days.

Can someone here explain how a single contact relay works? Or anything electrical with a single contact for that matter?
You are just switching the line, not both the line and neutral. It's what the thermostat does. opens and closed line voltage so the compressor can run.

Wonderful. Another delay, now instead of 7 days to ship, it's going to be at least 9. After this ordeal, NO MORE MOREBEER.

Is that on MB or FedEx? My last order w/them, they were pretty quick to get stuff going...FedEx is the one that had multiple delays.
There is No shipping time by Ups or FedEx that takes 7 days inside continental US unless it is a lost shipment and then it would be indeterminate as it would be lost. I'll bet they don't have it in stock.

Can someone here explain how a single contact relay works? Or anything electrical with a single contact for that matter?
You are just switching the line, not both the line and neutral. It's what the thermostat does. opens and closed line voltage so the compressor can run.
Sorry I meant to write "connection," not "contact." We can't see inside how it's built.

With that clarified, I only see one (1) connection lug on that "relay." Unless there's another lug on the other side, (or a hidden female one, a socket) I don't see how that would switch anything.

If indeed a relay, what activates it then? A magnet, external coil, gravity, photon beam, or something else?

They didn't pick the order until late, the day after I ordered it. Shipping was confirmed for the 24th. Now it's showing the 26th.

There is No shipping time by Ups or FedEx that takes 7 days inside continental US unless it is a lost shipment and then it would be indeterminate as it would be lost. I'll bet they don't have it in stock.
FedEx straight up sucks where I live and I have had, on more than one occasion, shipments take well over a week (from both MoreBeer as well as other companies) to make it to my doorstep. MoreBeer can’t be blamed for deficiencies in a 3rd party shipping company.

Sorry I meant to write "connection," not "contact." We can't see inside how it's built.

With that clarified, I only see one (1) connection lug on that "relay." Unless there's another lug on the other side, (or a hidden female one, a socket) I don't see how that would switch anything.

If indeed a relay, what activates it then? A magnet, external coil, gravity, photon beam, or something else?
It looks like it has 2 female connections. I think the male one you see is the trigger, but I am just guessing from here.

+infinity on the Supco 3-in-1. I've got two of them, one in my ferment fridge and one in my house fridge; both have been running for over a year and no issues whatsoever. Dead easy to install, there is the issue mentioned above of figuring out which wire does what, but if you get them backwards it won't fry the fridge or the compressor. Just make sure you get the right one for your compressor's HP rating. $11 to fix a fridge that cost over $1100??? OH hells yes.

Well, the temp probe MoreBeer sent doesn't fit. Not the same as what's in my fridge. I hooked up the 3 in 1. Nothing. It has to be a dead compressor. I'm giving up on this piece of ****. Thanks a lot MoreBeer.

Strip it down. You have a tower and some other parts that can be used elsewhere. Oh, and I hope you can get rid if it without paying fee for refrigerant

That's a shame the couple times I was able to fix my fridges they would do like multiple clicks like the starter on a car when the battery was to low to start it. The 3 in one fixed it both times. I did have one I couldn't save even though I thought the refrigerant had just slowly leaked out. I soldered on a new connector and put on an adapter to try and recharge. No go, but as others suggest strip down what you can you may want to reuse it or even sell it to a DIY person. I kept the tower and even the door as it was a bump out type door so a full half barrel keg would fit. After about a month of looking for mini fridges on marketplace I found one with the correct measurements to attach my door. An almost new mini fridge with less than 6 months use for a $100 and bingo back up an running with an almost new kegerator.

No, enough fans here to outweigh the negatives. They are cheap, but I have issue with their website listing free shipping on a page where you can't get free ahipping on that product. But nothing, including shipping is free. Sorry to hijack.

My official last word with MoreBeer...

Just a little note…

I have given up on this Kegerator and MoreBeer for good. After waiting a week for a response, I waited over a week for the part, and it didn’t fit my model. By my own means, with no help from MoreBeer, I’ve determined the compressor is dead, and since MoreBeer has no concern in standing by their product, I’ve ordered a replacement of another brand from a different company to replace it.

The fact that you guys have removed my comments on this matter from your website is the lowest form of business I’ve ever experienced. I have had nothing but grief over this, and will never recommend MoreBeer to anyone, ever. Your service is appalling.

I only hope that you guys all experience this kind of service in your lives so you’ll know how I feel.

Good Riddance

I'd like to thank all of the forum members that chimed in with suggestions. I had my fingers crossed that I'd be able to overcome this with your help. At least I know you all are here and supportive. I hate to come off like a "Karen", but this just wasn't right.

My official last word with MoreBeer...

Just a little note…

I have given up on this Kegerator and MoreBeer for good. After waiting a week for a response, I waited over a week for the part, and it didn’t fit my model. By my own means, with no help from MoreBeer, I’ve determined the compressor is dead, and since MoreBeer has no concern in standing by their product, I’ve ordered a replacement of another brand from a different company to replace it.

The fact that you guys have removed my comments on this matter from your website is the lowest form of business I’ve ever experienced. I have had nothing but grief over this, and will never recommend MoreBeer to anyone, ever. Your service is appalling.

I only hope that you guys all experience this kind of service in your lives so you’ll know how I feel.

Good Riddance

I'd like to thank all of the forum members that chimed in with suggestions. I had my fingers crossed that I'd be able to overcome this with your help. At least I know you all are here and supportive. I hate to come off like a "Karen", but this just wasn't right.
Great reply to them, not that they care but the folks here do appreciate your words . . . . I know I have taken them to heart as I was thinking of giving them another chance. Nope, not now or ever again.

Sorry it came to this but thanks for sharing!

Man..this sucks...I was holding out hope that you'd get that sucker up and running again. I had an issue with mine which MoreBeer did take care of, but it was in the warranty period.

I seriously considered getting another Komos to replace my FC a couple months ago. Ended up with a Kegland Series X as the price ended up being over $100 lower.

I've always wondered if enough people pound on a specific search phrase if it could affect search results for somewhat similar queries.
Like, if everyone on HBT repeated a search for "Morebeer and KOMOS kegerators suck!" a few hundred times...

Cheers! (Or something like that :D)

Back