Keto Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillip3917

Reaction score
I am looking for some recipes (keto/low carb) that are good! I am Type II diabetic and have to be careful. While I brew just about everything, I give a lot of it away. This does make the neighbors happy. I love beer, and I love making it. I think it is the best hobby. But, I need to get more realistic about my choices. I appreciate your input.

Not sure if these are available where you are, but check out Partake and Libra from Canada. They are very good craft near beers, the IPA, for eg is 10 calories and 2g of carbs. I am still trying to figure out a way to reverse engineer it. Basically, I am thinking of doing a mini mash and then dilute with a lot of water, boil, tons of late hops, and then ferment to dry at ~0.3% abv

@Phillip3917 Glucoamylase is your friend....

here's a link..

https://brewhaus.com/gluco-amylase-enzyme-amyloglucosidase-1lb
i add ~11-12g's to a 10 gallon batch get 0.996-1.000 FGs... edit: (with the yeast pitch)

(i'm no doctor though, but think drinking stuff like this would put you at risk of 'hypo' glycemia...so i'd recommend lighter ABV beers....)

maybe a 'light' nitro stout would be pretty cool? i think the dry finish and the silky nitro pour would go good together! :mug:

Last edited:
@Phillip3917 Glucoamylase is your friend....

here's a link..

https://brewhaus.com/gluco-amylase-enzyme-amyloglucosidase-1lb
i add ~11-12g's to a 10 gallon batch get 0.996-1.000 FGs... edit: (with the yeast pitch)

(i'm no doctor though, but think drinking stuff like this would put you at risk of 'hypo' glycemia...so i'd recommend lighter ABV beers....)

maybe a 'light' nitro stout would be pretty cool? i think the dry finish and the silky nitro pour would go good together! :mug:
Thanks. I was actually thinking about the possibility of a light stout. It may be a bit of an oxymoron, but I may give it a try. I will for sure try the Gluco-Amylase enzime.

Look at "brut" recipes. They finish dry because the yeast eats as much sugar as it can get to.

Otherwise, maybe consider making some hop water?

Back