Kegging - good carbonation - slow pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
What can I do about this - it's not a "problem" but curious. U of course could up the PSI but that would also up the carbonation correct? Or would there not be THAT much extra carbing?

BTW - first weekend with my kegorator - where has this been all my life!!! OMG!! I have seen the light!

did you dry hop in the keg? the reason I ask is because hop particles get stuck in the poppet and may slow down the flow. When the keg is empty make sure to remove and clean poppets.

Interesting thought, I guess that the settled trub that comes out with the first draw could also do that, correct.

What can I do about this - it's not a "problem" but curious. U of course could up the PSI but that would also up the carbonation correct? Or would there not be THAT much extra carbing?

BTW - first weekend with my kegorator - where has this been all my life!!! OMG!! I have seen the light!

Every time I make the "Janet's brown" I get the popits clogged on the first, second, maybe third pour. Even after cold crashing.

Every time I make the "Janet's brown" I get the popits clogged on the first, second, maybe third pour. Even after cold crashing.

Odd you should say that - this is a "West Coast Blaster" which is a totally awesome beer from the same book! Wet hopped.

If this is happening across all your beers, you can shorten your serving line a bit to speed it up. Personally I'd leave it rather than risk foaming. And it gives you some wiggle room in case you want to bump the carb level in the future.

Also, how long are your dispensing lines? What pressure are you serving at(beer side)? Wet hopping? Make sure to bag any hops you throw in the keg.

Long beer lines are great for slowing down the serving speed to prevent foamy pours. Too short the beer comes out too fast. Too long the beer trickles out. Just right you get perfect pours and proper pour speed. I tend to go for 10-20 second pours on my keezer which works out perfectly for my 14 foot lines at 13psi 40 degrees F

Working on my first keg from going from 10 ft lines that had a slow pour with no head after 2-3 beers,to 4 ft lines with flow control.Working out more than good

Well - My PROBLEM was that when I took my keg to a beer fest I turned off all the lines. Then when I put what was left of the keg back in the kegorator I adjusted the pressure and forgot to turn the lines back on.

Learning process LOL

Back