Kegging at room temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prothumia

Reaction score
So, the CO2 tank will not fit in our fridge with the keg and we're reluctant to drill a hole in the fridge for the air line unless we have to. Tried carbonating in a room that is a steady 68F with several different pressures from 15 to 40 psi, rolled the tank a few times, but no luck. The beer is still flat. We leave the CO2 tank and air supply hooked up the whole time. Tried disconnecting the line and cooling the keg in the fridge also, still no luck.

Suggestions? Is keeping the keg in the fridge the only option or is there something we are missing with the pressure settings? It's a brown ale.

So, the CO2 tank will not fit in our fridge with the keg and we're reluctant to drill a hole in the fridge for the air line unless we have to. Tried carbonating in a room that is a steady 68F with several different pressures from 15 to 40 psi, rolled the tank a few times, but no luck. The beer is still flat. We leave the CO2 tank and air supply hooked up the whole time. Tried disconnecting the line and cooling the keg in the fridge also, still no luck.

Suggestions? Is keeping the keg in the fridge the only option or is there something we are missing with the pressure settings? It's a brown ale.

How many weeks did you leave the co2 on at 40 psi? Without really shaking it, it would take about 12-14 days to carb up at 68 degrees with about 30 psi.

Dumb question, but how are you going to dispense the keg in the fridge if it's not hooked up to the c02? I'm trying to picture the system in my mind to help with some advice.

Dumb question, but how are you going to dispense the keg in the fridge if it's not hooked up to the c02? I'm trying to picture the system in my mind to help with some advice.

I'm dumb too, because I was wondering the same thing.:drunk:

Most of my beers are carbonated at room temperature as I try to have them ready BEFORE there is room in the kegerator for them. As Yooper said, they should be ready in a couple of weeks @ 30 psi.

Is it possible to charge the beer at serving psi, and then put it into the fridge until we're ready to drink it?
This is the first time we've had this problem as we have always had a small tank to put in the fridge with the keg.

Back