Kegging AND bottling same batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movieman841

Reaction score
So I've recently started kegging (wish I started a long time ago!). Anyway I would like to do 6 gallon batches, keg 5 and bottle 1 so I can still enter comps. My question is does anyone know how much priming sugar I should put in each bottle. I'm force carbonating in the keg so I don't want to add sugar to the entire batch. Just the case of bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You would divide your normal priming sugar amount by 5. Or use a calculator like this. Or what I would do for such a small number of bottles is use carb drops.

I know everyone around here doesn't like the beer gun, but I have one and I like it. It is easy and effective at bottling.

Last night I drank a beer that I bottled over 3 years ago from a force carbonated keg. It was great. Still carbonated nicely. No perceived oxidation and poured a great head that laced nicely down the glass.

Back