Canning Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatBait

Reaction score
I'm currently kegging my batches and doing force carbonation. However, friends are asking to take some home and I am looking for a canner. Those of you that are canning.....Do you add priming sugar and "bottle" condition when canning? Or do you force carbonate then can once its carbonated?

I thought my bottling days were over. I can't believe I'm actually going to do this again.

You can after carbonating in the keg. There is a lot to canning and it can be expensive.
I just have some 32oz growlers to fill and handout. They bring the growler back for a refill

I primarily will can off the keg using a Blichmann Beer Gun for most styles. It is easier to dial in the carbonation in the keg prior to canning. I do can-condition for highly carbonated beers such as a Witbier or Hefeweizen since it is difficult to achieve an effervescent character from a keg fill. Highly recommend the Oktober SL1 - it is a solid unit.

Latest posts

Back