Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrzud

Reaction score
What mini fridges have people had success with when building a kegerator?

Im looking for one under $200 that can fit two 5 gal cornelius kegs and a 5lbs tank.

I use an "absocold" I bought at Home Depot for about $200. Holds 2 kegs, co2, plus room for extra bottles and I can still use the freezer for ice.

P1010258 (Small).JPG

P1010259 (Small) (Custom).JPG

Sanyo 4912. I ended up taking the inner door off to make things easier. Two 5 gallon cornies and a 5lb CO2 cyclinder fit in nicely.

if space isn't a concern then look in the classifieds you can get a fridge/freezer for about $20 yes I have seen them for that. It works nice cause you have up to 5 corny's in a 14 cubic ft fridge w/the co2 bottle in there and you have frosted mugs in the freezer...if I can figure out how to I will post the pics of mine. I got my kegerator from www.wholesaledraft.com They are very resonable and the lady will work with you. Crap just email me and I will send you the pics of it hehhehe :D [email protected]

I thinking about picking up a deep freezer from Costco and using an external thermostat to turn it into a lagering fridge. I think it's $179 in-store

645823L.jpg

Link

It's pretty deep, so it might hold a few corny kegs too. I think it would be easy to convert into a kegerator as well.

Eskram said:
I thinking about picking up a deep freezer from Costco and using an external thermostat to turn it into a lagering fridge. I think it's $179 in-store

645823L.jpg

Link

It's pretty deep, so it might hold a few corny kegs too. I think it would be easy to convert into a kegerator as well.
Plenty of folks have converted chest freezers to kegerators, and it doesn't look that hard. An external thermostat is a must.

However, I wouldn't limit yourself to 7 cf. I'd get the biggest freezer you can afford. You can grow into it. If you go to small at first, as you start adding kegs to your collection you won't have enough space to house/tap them.

I put up the site, they are bad pics but you will get the Idea, I did this page in like 2 min and that sitebuilder thing sucks so....

Hmm, I never got an email, maybe I put the address in wrong...sorry bout that :drunk:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7ov6r/id16.html

Also if you are looking at chest freezers then make SURE you take a tape measure to a carboy with an airlock and one with a blowoff tube to make sure you have the room (happened to me, now looking for a new one), also make sure you get one that has a drain tube(or you have a wetvac). Nothing worse than dropping a bills on one then figure out that it don't work for you. Check the paper, people getting rid of them all the time.

robmee said:
I put up the site, they are bad pics but you will get the Idea, I did this page in like 2 min and that sitebuilder thing sucks so....

Hmm, I never got an email, maybe I put the address in wrong...sorry bout that :drunk:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7ov6r/id16.html

Also if you are looking at chest freezers then make SURE you take a tape measure to a carboy with an airlock and one with a blowoff tube to make sure you have the room (happened to me, now looking for a new one), also make sure you get one that has a drain tube(or you have a wetvac). Nothing worse than dropping a bills on one then figure out that it don't work for you. Check the paper, people getting rid of them all the time.
I think your email address is right, but I dont know why you didnt get it. Oh well.
Yeah... the site builder isnt that great... you could always use a thirdparty html editor and upload it.

You can refer to the site by your username and not your VZUID. (eg http://mysite.verizon.net/robmee/id16.html )

Dont think im going to be going the route of converting a freezer. Found a free working full size refrigerator, but just dont have the space for it. I'll probably just get one of those mini-fridges and convert that. :)

mrzud,
if you can dispose of the free fridge's case, you may just want to build your kegerator to suite - its not especially hard to pull the goodies out of a fridge and stuff em into a custom built box with lots of insulation.

Latest posts

Back