kegerator ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaWhite5522

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i came across this pic and I don't really remember where but anyway it got me thinking about my eventual kegerator project. What would be some cool/unusual feature that a kegerator could have?

kegerator_11.jpg

alright yeah thats a given, but on a serious note I was thinking maybe a digital temperature display, or maybe some way to gauge how much ber you still have on tap any ideas?

I'm contemplating getting a solid surface counter top for mine that has beer bottle lids embedded in the top of it. I've had solid surface tops made here and they turn out really nice. I haven't asked them yet if its possible.

I've got a mini fridge instead of a fullsize.

I'm contemplating getting a solid surface counter top for mine that has beer bottle lids embedded in the top of it. I've had solid surface tops made here and they turn out really nice. I haven't asked them yet if its possible.

I've got a mini fridge instead of a fullsize.

Just go with a concrete top and do it yourself. There are a number of online resources that could help you figure out how to do it yourself. Just make sure that you glue the entire face of the caps to your form so that the concrete can't seep underneath and cover that face.

What would be some cool/unusual feature that a kegerator could have?

How nerdy are you? If you level your character in WoW during the mash and can wrangle computer hardware as well as a full cornelius keg, maybe the Kegbot is for you:

Main Page - KegbotWiki

What is a Kegbot?

A Kegbot is a DIY beer kegerator equipped with tracking and access control devices. You can track how much people drink, control when they may drink, track costs, and see how much beer is left in your keg. Kegbot is an open-source project, in spirit and in software.

IMG_0767.jpg
IMG_1404.jpg

This is along the lines of what I was thinking about, not so much the access controll stuff but I definitely think it would be cool to track how much beer is left in the keg....

Just go with a concrete top and do it yourself. There are a number of online resources that could help you figure out how to do it yourself. Just make sure that you glue the entire face of the caps to your form so that the concrete can't seep underneath and cover that face.

I never even thought of that. It would make an interesting project.

I like the concepts he has. The the keezer with the speakers, I was actually thinking about something like that. My ideas were a bit more toned down than his though.

Back