Kegco Mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody?

KM11GM-3R102214155704.jpg

interesting... it's significantly cheaper than the 3 roller monster mill.

i was reading on their site and it says that the top gap is fixed at 0.060, and the bottom gap is adjustable. I'm not sure if the MM uses the same concept, but only having to fix one gap sounds more fool proof.

this one has the oil impregnated brass bushings. i can't remember if that is a good or bad design.

I did a quick look at this and the Monster Mill. The features and specs are the same. Thanks for the feedback.

I too would love to know if oil impregnated brass bushings are bad and having a fixed gap at the top is okay since you can adjust the second gap. I think it's cheaper than a MM3.

I've had some Kegco products, that were of questionable quality.

The main one was a new regulator, which was junk from the beginning, and all they offered was "disassemble and clean it out, and see if that helps...."

When it didn't, I got no further responses to my inquiries.

Did anyone end up buying one of these? I'm considering one myself and was curious if anyone has some feedback on them first.

I too would love to know if oil impregnated brass bushings are bad and having a fixed gap at the top is okay since you can adjust the second gap. I think it's cheaper than a MM3.

The only bad about brass bushing is you can't drive it with a pulley and belt. puts too much side load on the bearings.

Direct drive or a drill motor are fine.

bumping this to see if anyone has received any info or tested this mill. there are terms in the description that literally look like they were copied form the MM website. is it a cheep knockoff or a legit version from another manufacturer

bumping this to see if anyone has received any info or tested this mill. there are terms in the description that literally look like they were copied form the MM website. is it a cheep knockoff or a legit version from another manufacturer

I bought the 3 roller. If it blows, I will let you know. If Its awesome, I will let you know ;) $150 shipped to my door for a 3 roller with 11 pound hopper? sweet!

I wonder if the MM3 hopper extension kit would fit? From the respective assembly instructions they look very similar, but if this is just a cheap knock-off then I'd expect precise alignment to be an early cost-cutting casualty.

I will let you guys know once I crush this weekend :)

BTW its not blue, they took the picture with the protective film

interesting... it's significantly cheaper than the 3 roller monster mill.

i was reading on their site and it says that the top gap is fixed at 0.060, and the bottom gap is adjustable. I'm not sure if the MM uses the same concept, but only having to fix one gap sounds more fool proof.

this one has the oil impregnated brass bushings. i can't remember if that is a good or bad design.

Have a three roller Monster Mill. I installed a direct drive motor from
All American Ale Works (Power Grinder). Couldn't be happier!!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423536266.359420.jpg

After my dealings with bev factory, i wouldnt touch any of their products with a 50 ft pole.

I've had nothing but excellent dealings with them. Got my kegerator from them, regulators, and some other equipment. When my KegCo dual regulator failed four months after purchase (3 months of use) I called and they said they'd send me a new one. I had a vacation coming up in a few days and needed to keg two beers asap so I told them I would like to pay for 2nd day air shipping so I can receive it in time. They said they'll pay for it even though I told them I'd be happy to pay the cost for the shipping upgrade. They got it to me 2nd day air and didn't even require me to return the bad unit.

That regulator is still working but I bought a Taprite dual regulator from them anyhow simply because I trust the brand better. Waiting till this last keg is empty to swap them out. Anyhow, I'm very happy doing business with them. Only complaint is I've put up 2-3 reviews, one a number of months ago, and they never go up. It's almost like they stopped taking reviews. And of course I get an email after a purchase asking me to review the item I bought. Go figure. For the record though, if the mill is indeed a MonsterMill knock off, which it does appear to be, I wouldn't buy it for obvious reasons.

Rev.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/beverage-factory-k199b-2-problems-463659/

After numerous attempts, they finally agreed to replace my unit. It basically took me posting negative reviews on amazon, facebook, yelp, etc before they helped me. Otherwise, the initial phone call to them about my kegerator made me sick to my stomach. $500 dollars and they could care less about my unhappiness. I wasn't even rude to them. Their yelp reviews sum it up, as im not the only one that has had issues with this company. Cheap stuff, and they will replace it, big items, forget it.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/beverage-factory-k199b-2-problems-463659/

After numerous attempts, they finally agreed to replace my unit. It basically took me posting negative reviews on amazon, facebook, yelp, etc before they helped me. Otherwise, the initial phone call to them about my kegerator made me sick to my stomach. $500 dollars and they could care less about my unhappiness. I wasn't even rude to them. Their yelp reviews sum it up, as im not the only one that has had issues with this company. Cheap stuff, and they will replace it, big items, forget it.

Really interesting thread... Is this why their review boards are shut down?

Really interesting thread... Is this why their review boards are shut down?

Are you talking about on their website? When i tried to review the kegerator on their website it wouldn't except it. It was only 5 star reviews for the kegerator i bought, which is why i went ahead with it. What a mistake that was. I will say the kegco 209b is what they swaped me with, and its treated me well, no popping, works great.

Ok people this is not a thread on be factory business or products... this is specifically about their 3 roller grain mill. There are several of us that just want an honest review but I have yet to find one.

So what was the verdict on this bad boy?

SO here goes my short and concise review:

Ordering: Easy, and Inexpensive. Quick shipping also (Im about 120 miles north of the shipping location)

Packing: Spot On!

Product: Upon opening it I thought "Damn its heavy!" But seriously solid little roller! It looks great once you take 10 minutes to peel off the protective BLUE film from the roller casing and hopper. Its easy as hell to build also. 10 minutes for assembly. I mounted mine to a piece of MDF I had laying around and set it on top of a bucket when I mill.

But now the main question, How is the mill?
One answer, quite awesome! :rockin: for $160 shipped to me I cant beat it... seriously! I have done 3 brew days now, and have increased my BIAB efficiency by 3% on all 3 occasions as opposed to my home-brew stores mill. I have noticed however today that the bottom roller did come a bit loose which I caught in time. so watch out for that. Im thinking adding some nylon threaded nuts can easily fix this issue.

I say snag one.

PS Im using a cordless drill

Thanks for the write-up Don. Sounds like it's just as good as any mill right outta the box. Looking forward to a longer term update.

I got one of those regulators. It leaked out of the pressure relief valves. They sent me another, it leaked out of the blue valves that go to the keg. I upgraded to their "commercial" one. It leaked out of the safety valve that is supposed to hold up to 45 PSI after I specifically asked them to leak check it before sending.

I wouldn't buy from them again. In fact, I think I'm going to send all three back and buy a micromatic or something.

I posted this thread about my issues if you're curious of the long winded story.

I got one of those regulators. It leaked out of the pressure relief valves. They sent me another, it leaked out of the blue valves that go to the keg. I upgraded to their "commercial" one. It leaked out of the safety valve that is supposed to hold up to 45 PSI after I specifically asked them to leak check it before sending.

I wouldn't buy from them again. In fact, I think I'm going to send all three back and buy a micromatic or something.

I posted this thread about my issues if you're curious of the long winded story.

Ughh.. well thanks for the heads up. Hopefully if it leaks, its something I can fix. I took me a long time to work out all the tiny leaks in my current setup.

So I pulled the trigger on the mill... It will be my first mill, so I won't have anything for reference. I do have feeler gauges so I can set my gap accurately. Any recommendations on the setting for the third roller?

Ughh.. well thanks for the heads up. Hopefully if it leaks, its something I can fix. I took me a long time to work out all the tiny leaks in my current setup.

I had a KegCo as my primary dual gauge regulator and it worked for several months until I changed out the CO2 tank. After opening the tank valve the pressure immediately climbed to max and trips the relief valve and starts the whole thing over again. They sent me a new one free of charge but after reading many reports online about this brand of regulator consistently failing I ordered a Taprite, which is the brand I use for my 3-way secondary and love the thing, and switched it out. I'm keeping the KegCo merely as a backup now. If you have the option to exchange I recommend considering sending it back and going with a Taprite. Even if the KegCo works for now it most likely will fail in time.

*EDIT - sorry to derail!!

Rev.

Back