Keg to Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatman

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just transferred my first batch (dogfish 60 clone) and so far it tastes really good. Cant wait for it to carbonate and get to temp. this batch I am force carbonating because I want it in time for 4th of July weekend. I was wondering if it is possible to bottle a few so I can send it to my dad so he can enjoy my beer too. Right now its cold crashing in the keg and I was gonna start the process tonight.

thanks all!

it's definately possible. The blichmann beer gun is designed just for that. A lot of guys make their own beer gun and counterpressure fillers to do it. I haven't used it personally but i've heard a lot of good things about it (no sediment in bottles, ready to drink in minutes, doesn't scare first time homebrew drinkers, and crystal clear beer)

I fill bottles off the keg with a counter pressure filler and it works great.

For very short term storage just put a tube on the faucet and fill the bottles from the tap. You will have O2 in the bottles but it won't effect the beer if you drink them within a day or 2

I fill bottles off the keg with a counter pressure filler and it works great.

For very short term storage just put a tube on the faucet and fill the bottles from the tap. You will have O2 in the bottles but it won't effect the beer if you drink them within a day or 2

Cap on foam so most of the O2 is pushed out. Use O2 absorbing caps if your really paranoid.

I kind of like this rig I found yesterday:

http://www.franklinbrew.org/members/sj/cpfiller.html

I, like many others on the board, have been using BierMuncher's method with great success:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

I didn't have to buy a thing and it is quick and easy. I haven't found the need to chill my bottles but some do.

Good luck.

Cheers!

Yeah I just found this moments after I posted, it was a great step by step and seems simple. I will give this a whirls when ready. thanks all that replied, you will make my teacher, my dad, very happy!

Back