Keg post adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amh0001

Reaction score
Okay, my brain has a hard time reading fittings on the internet. Someone more savvy please help.

I want to have a corny keg ball lock gas post, thread onto a barbed fitting for some high temp beverage hose.

Thanks in advance :rockin:

Umm, you could just use a Gas Quick Disconnect thats barbed instead of MFL so you dont need the additional swivel nut and barb. They are usualy 1/4" barbs

Umm, you could just use a Gas Quick Disconnect thats barbed instead of MFL so you dont need the additional swivel nut and barb. They are usualy 1/4" barbs

I don't believe that's what the OP asked for.

You'll need the following:

3/8" Barb x 1/4" FPT
1/4" MPT x 19/32" Plug Adapter
19/32 Ball Lock Liquid Post

The above assumes your line that you wish to connect to is 3/8" ID. If not, substitute the appropriate size for the barb on the first item (the other end should still be 1/4" NPT though). Also be careful when ordering the post and post adapter to make sure the threads are the same. I believe the 19/32" version is the true Cornelius brand.

Edit: I didn't mean to imply you order from the links I posted. Just more for your referece; you should obviously purchase from the cheapest or most convenient supplier.

2nd Edit: Just noticed you said Gas post, not liquid. The concept is still the same though. If you already have the post, find out what threading it uses and then buy the appropriate post adapter with the same size threading.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are three different thread types popular with corny keg posts, 9/16"-18, 5/8"-18, and 19/32"-18.
Make sure you use the post adapter appropriate for your post (assuming you have one already) or match them up when purchasing same.

I get my post adapters from chicompany.net.

Barbed fittings typically have a MFL end.
Like this, for example.
So you'd want a post adapter that mates the 1/4" MFL to the post thread...

Cheers!

Back