Keg not clearing beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevorc13

Reaction score
I'm on my second keg of beer that is not clearing as it should. I previously made an IPA and am now on an Irish Red that I was hoping would crash the yeast and clear after a couple of pints. It's been over a week of pouring beer and it's still cloudy. After my keg of IPA was crashed, I looked i the bottom and there was still a layer of yeast or trub at the bottom that was obviously the reason for the cloudiness. Is there anything I can do about this? Would cutting the out tube by 1/2 inch help? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Wronguy said:
Instead of cutting the line you could try bending it upwards

This is what I did. I placed my dip tube into the corney to just about were it starts to bend. With very little pressure I bent the tube very little to ensure the tube would still come out with no problems. I have done this to all 5 of my kegs and it works well.

sometimes you just have to wait longer than a week for the cold crash to happen. Also try racking your beer to secondary before kegging to get it off the primary cake.

I agree with the latter... if you want less in the corny, bring less with the beer... send to secondary and then keg it.

This happened to be the first time I didn't transfer to a secondary too. It was also a BIAB and far more trub than usual.

Latest posts

Back