Keg King Fermentasaurus 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne1

Reaction score
cooling-the-fermentasaurus-3-jpg.116740

851C30F9-3657-4F5C-B81A-CACAECDD7AFC.jpeg
Click on the thumbnail to see the full size image of the Fermentasaurus 2 with a small Glycol system that Keg King is prototyping.
The Glycol system is supposed to retail for AU$250. The Fermentasaurus 2 will be the same price as the previous one, AU $129.50
I have not seen any pricing information on the stainless coil. The Glycol system will heat as well as chill.

What you're seeing in the above photos is the G3 Fermenter King. There is a 60L version coming out soon as well. Both versions feature plunge valves, dryhop ports, collection vessels, thermowells and temp control ports. They also come with an adaptor that will fit to the bottom assembly that allows for attaching any 2inch tri-clover equipment that you want.
The temp control boxes are called Thermentor Kings. They aren't yet available due to some manufacturing hold ups but are expected later this year.

What you're seeing in the above photos is the G3 Fermenter King. There is a 60L version coming out soon as well. Both versions feature plunge valves, dryhop ports, collection vessels, thermowells and temp control ports. They also come with an adaptor that will fit to the bottom assembly that allows for attaching any 2inch tri-clover equipment that you want.
The temp control boxes are called Thermentor Kings. They aren't yet available due to some manufacturing hold ups but are expected later this year.

Just an update in that the 60 litre tanks are now in production. They have exceeded our expectations in clarity and burst pressure. Best part is these don’t fall apart or blow up like some of the other PET tanks on the market.

Attachments

• E13C6266-2816-4567-9084-E9BF3B250177.jpeg
    E13C6266-2816-4567-9084-E9BF3B250177.jpeg
    843.1 KB · Views: 61
  • D364E33D-9793-465C-A790-FA1FC3A2E62A.jpeg
    D364E33D-9793-465C-A790-FA1FC3A2E62A.jpeg
    831.2 KB · Views: 60
  • C00022B2-8F3D-4CC8-B3EC-5724CBDF285F.jpeg
    C00022B2-8F3D-4CC8-B3EC-5724CBDF285F.jpeg
    685.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 7FBB5B36-A5E8-4DE8-8340-3C110FEEA997.jpeg
    7FBB5B36-A5E8-4DE8-8340-3C110FEEA997.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 53
The 60 litre units are now reality.

Attachments

• 78C90952-0F9A-4602-A092-7988148F2B1A.jpeg
    78C90952-0F9A-4602-A092-7988148F2B1A.jpeg
    843.1 KB · Views: 27
  • CA300E64-04CC-4503-ADEF-1C475980F977.jpeg
    CA300E64-04CC-4503-ADEF-1C475980F977.jpeg
    685.6 KB · Views: 25
Thanks for that. I really appreciate getting to know people in the US who might be interested in what we have

I hope it works out as I know he uses your products and due to his background, experience, knowledge and influence, he is truly probably the best person for testing.

I hope it works out as I know he uses your products and due to his background, experience, knowledge and influence, he is truly probably the best person for testing.
Have written to him already. Would be interesting to know which of our products he has used as we have not sold a lot in the US. Bit concerned it might be stuff from those in China using our name.

Have written to him already. Would be interesting to know which of our products he has used as we have not sold a lot in the US. Bit concerned it might be stuff from those in China using our name.

I'm afraid I don't know. I reread a previous post of his and now realize he was talking about your future release. My bad.

Again, he's the one for testing.....

Nice looking unit - love the fact that the plunger stem does triple duty of operating the valve, being a thermowell, and a guide for the float ball. Very innovative! I also love the fact that it comes with the 2" triclover adapter so we can attach different fittings and not be stuck with a proprietary collection vessel.

Just watched the video on the G3, and have a few questions:

1. When will this be available for sale in the US?
2. What is the inside diameter of the thermowell? I already have a temperature controller and would like to make sure the probe will fit.

Thanks!

SO wanted to see something dramatic :D but I respect the soft-fail.
The integrity of the (blow-molded?) tank was truly impressive though...

Cheers!
I so get wanting to see it go bang but the reality is the safe failure mode is what makes it worth investing in a Keg King product from Australia compared to stuff coming out of China which is simply not suitable for pressure fermenting. We actually do want to take it to its limit so we have machined a stainless steel lid which will not deform and we plan to run this experiment again with this. Hopefully it will be the neck ring holding the lid which breaks but let’s see what the real experiment reveals.

It is very important for us to provide these videos as we seek to differentiate ourselves from products which are similar in looks and even names. Many people throughout the world have bought products thinking they were getting our gear or that it came from the same factory in china when this was not the case. Quite a few have had messy and potentially dangerous experiences.

Stay tune for when we use “The Lid of Destruction”.

Having followed the Keg King saga with the trials and tribulations I understand what you're up against (and that's a shame).
As I indicated, that was an impressive test (if less entertaining than the alternative ;))
Will look forward to the next test - actually interested what the failure mode will look like (split? top comes off? bottom drops out? Stay tuned! :D)

Cheers!

Having followed the Keg King saga with the trials and tribulations I understand what you're up against (and that's a shame).
As I indicated, that was an impressive test (if less entertaining than the alternative ;))
Will look forward to the next test - actually interested what the failure mode will look like (split? top comes off? bottom drops out? Stay tuned! :D)

Cheers!
Well what most people knew about that business was just the tip of the iceberg and there are still repercussions from it. Sadly the losers were the many home brewers who did not get what they thought they were buying. Anyway we have moved on from this and just want to bring great products to homebrewers around the world and help people enjoy their passions for this wonderful pastime. We have a few more experiments planned when time permits but at least we have some solid runs on the board with the PET vessels that we make and now the task is to convey this to the end users and provide them with the information so that they can make a good choice.

Back