Keg in bucket of ice water for carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albion85

Reaction score
Just about to order my first keg set up. I wont be able get a fridge for the keg for some time however and I was wondering how possible it would be to use my swamp cooler to chill the keg for carbing. I have a big tub that i put my fermenter in. With 2 ice bottles the water gets pretty dang cold and stays that way for some time. If I put my keg in there wouldn't that work for chilling it? I only drink British ales so I actually aim to be a bit on the warmer side. I know this isn't at all practical but i'm just figuring out some work around. Failing that how about an igloo water cooler? Also, please no "just get a fridge", it really isnt an option right now for many reasons. Thanks for any input guys I appreciate it! :mug:

it would work...you'll go through a lot of ice though.

I will just be freezing bottles of water. A bit a nuisance but only 10 seconds worth of time each day to swap them out, and thats only when i've got something kegged

Back