Keg dispensing issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennahighlandbrew

Reaction score
So I'm attempting my first kegging experience, and I've run into an issue I'm really hoping you all can help me out with. For reference, I have a five-gallon ball-lock corny keg that I bought used. I put new o rings on it and gave it a thorough cleaning, but now that everything's hooked up I'm running into some serious issues.

My liquid out section will not dispense through my picnic tap unless I give a really hard push on the actual black unit that connects to the "out" part, yet will (hilariously) shoot sanitized water all over the room if I try to remove it. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the seal of the liquid line to the post or not, but if someone could help me figure out how to get my beer to dispense, or how to tighten the picnic tap, I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

By "the out part", are you referring to the quick disconnect for the beer line?

If so, are you certain that when you connected it (yes, it's the black one) to the Out post, you pushed the disconnect all the way onto the post so the locking ring returned to it's "upright and locked position"?

And if you remove the disconnect, the Out post spews beer?
Regardless of the dispensing problem, a poppet that leaks needs fixing or replacing...

Cheers!

Back