keg cowboy (cluttering up a different thread)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haputanlas

Reaction score
Wait, so Keg Cowboy was going to halt your order so that one other order wouldn't get halted in the future? Isn't that the same thing?

I know I'm just re-iterating what you said, it just seems ludicrous.

Yes, that's exactly what he said. He told me that he/they would not fulfill my order (that I hadn't placed yet) until sometime next week when they could get more tubing in because if they sent me all that they had they wouldn't be able to fulfill other orders that he would get this week. :confused:

I know if I had a customer that said, "sell me everything you've got" I would make a point to do so.

I kinda can't believe they don't stock more than 50' of tubing at a time. People doing big keezer projects would need about that much and anyone doing the remote taps would as well. It seems to me that they made you suffer for the fact that they didn't have enough stock. :confused:

Maybe Keg Cowboy can respond?

I think the same thing happened to me when I ordered a 4 tap kegerator kit from Keg Cowboy. I suspect they needed to wait 8 weeks, for other orders for 4 tap kegerator kits, before they shipped mine (but very efficient at processing my payment immediately). I canceled my order after about 5 or 6 weeks of waiting, with no indication of a forecasted shipping date. I believe it took a couple more weeks and a handful of emails to get my refund. That was my one and only attempt at purchasing from that vendor.

A buddy of mine ordered from Keg Cowboy and it took weeks extra (and several emails and a phone call) for them to fulfill a simple corny keg order. On top of that, it had obviously not been cleaned (though all the gaskets etc. were new).

Nothing a soak in OxiClean wouldn't fix, but neither of us will be ordering from KC again.

-Rich

That does seem odd, OP. Bird in the hand and all of that.

The only thing I can figure is that he would rather offend one customer with a large order instead of 4-5 customers with smaller ones. Still, not the way I would do business.

I just checked on UPS and my beer line is on schedule for delivery on Thursday as promised. RiteBrew.com FTW!

Actually, now that I've read the other Keg Cowboy thread, I'm pretty sure I know why they didn't take your order OP. They knew other customers would order some bev line and they wouldn't be able to fulfill it right away, a trend for them if you read the other thread. So rather than stock enough of it or be able to buy more immediately, they chose to keep it on hand. My guess is the business isn't doing to well and that's why they can't keep enough inventory on hand, no capital. They have to use revenue to buy new inventory, which takes time, hence everyone's orders taking forever. It's sad. I would hate to be in that position.

Back