keg adventure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopleaf

Reaction score
So I win this keg off of ebay, $20 for it.. guy lives close by so I tell him I'll there in 20 minutes. He says OK.

I get there, it's starting to get dark. House is completely dark. Really doesn't look like anyone even lives there.

I call the guy from my car and tell him I'm outside. He pauses and goes 'Did you come and knock on the door?'

I go uhh I'm outside. He whispers to someone else in the room and then says OK we'll be there in a few minutes.

I drive away. Quickly.

"OK We'll be there in a few minutes?" The hairs on the back of my neck raised up reading that. Yea good thing you left, something Really Bad could have happened.

Then again, if it wasn't a spooky deserted house out in the middle of nowhere, you could have driven by a few minutes later to see who was stalking you. :D

Let us know if the seller emails you back asking where you were.

eviltwinofjoni said:
Let us know if the seller emails you back asking where you were.

Gee... guess I was at the wrong house. Don't know how I could have gotten it wrong. Tell you what, let's just meet up somewhere I know I can find (SOMEWHERE REALLY PUBLIC) tomorrow.

gonzoflick said:
You sure that $20 was for a keg ;)

He said he could clean the rim of the keg for me for extra but I told him I was going to polish it up on my own anyways.

Wait a minute.... :eek:

Called LHBS and they can get me one cut with welded output and sight tube for $120

keg + tools to cut it + ear/eye protection + getting someone to weld it + bandaids + time + not being stabbed > $120

So I guess that solves that problem heh

Hopleaf said:
So I win this keg off of ebay, $20 for it.. guy lives close by so I tell him I'll there in 20 minutes. He says OK.

I get there, it's starting to get dark. House is completely dark. Really doesn't look like anyone even lives there.

I call the guy from my car and tell him I'm outside. He pauses and goes 'Did you come and knock on the door?'

I go uhh I'm outside. He whispers to someone else in the room and then says OK we'll be there in a few minutes.

I drive away. Quickly.

One of the many reasons to have a CHL...what if they had been there waiting...

Latest posts

Back