Keezer Lid Wire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpcvsam

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm finally upgrading my kegerater to a keezer. Thanks everyone who contributed info to this site, it's been super helpful in this process. I got a Solstar CF-400 but it has a wire going from the top of the back into the lid (see photos). I think it's for a light or a sensor, I'm not that sure. Oddly enough the owner's manual doesn't list how to remove the lid and wire to install a keezer collar:confused:There is a little give so I might be able to get away with a 2x4 collar build, but I was thinking I wanted a 2x6 for some expansion down the road. Rather than reinvent the wheel, has anyone here had such a wire in their build/how did you deal with it. Thanks much...:cask:
IMG-20200205-WA0008_LI.jpg
IMG-20200205-WA0008_LI.jpg
IMG-20200204-WA0017_LI.jpg
IMG-20200205-WA0007_LI.jpg

That looks like its just for the lid light. If you want to retain that feature, cut and extend the cable with a section of electrical cord. If you dont need the light, just cut the wire and insulate the ends with wire nuts.

Are the glass doors removable? It'd be a shame if you can't use them due to keg height. Also looks like that is a 220V unit, curious why you chose that model and how much you paid for it.

Yep, it's the light. I actually was able to get a few inches extra by unscrewing the back and pulling the wire a little bit, so I think I shall keep it. The doors are removable, but I think I can keep them in if I'm creative to use for the canned beer/extra groceries side :yes:

Correct, it's a 220v good eyes...I'm in East Africa so that's the standard here. I got it for about $300 USD delivered straight off the boat. Just getting it was quite an accomplishment in and of itself!

Latest posts

Back