Keezer - Can Items Touch The Freezer Walls?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2W2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just built a five-keg keezer. Right now I've only got three kegs in it, but I plan to have five in the near future. Once I fill it up, things are going to get pretty tight inside, and I'm wondering if it's ok to have items right against the walls of the freezer, where the cooling coils are?

I know I don't want to have my beer lines against the walls, and that isn't a problem.

I have my CO2 and Nitrogen tanks outside the keezer. The gas lines all enter from the back and I have two three-way CO2 distributers there as well. So, there's really no way to avoid having gas lines pressed against the back wall of the freezer by the kegs. I assume that won't hurt anything?

I'm not sure if I can keep the kegs off the walls or not. I plan to have three across the back. This is where the gas lines are, and the kegs will pin those to the back wall, so the kegs will not touch there. The one in the middle-back won't touch any of the walls, but the two on the back sides may each touch the side wall. The two in front may each need to touch the front wall as well.

So, I need to know if there will be any issues if I have my gas lines, and possibly one side of four of the five kegs touching the freezer walls?

Thanks for your help!

My kegs touch the sides without and issues. Same goes for my chest freezer. You'll be fine

Back